Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SSDR "lost connection" every day September 2023

Options

I do not know how much this is a coincidence with Smartlink issue people experience last few weeks, but I started to suspect that SSDR somehow has a link to these crashes.

Few facts:

1. Radio 6600, SW 3.4.24
  2. I do not use Smartlink, operate from home only
  3. No HW changes in my station over last few years.
  4. From last week it was several crashes when radio would flash red power button several times and would reboot itself. Then SSDR would start without any slices , just empty bands without A or B receivers.
  5. No RF here that crash SSDR, 100% of the time it happens when radio is idled or when I just listen.
  6. No PS issue ( I saw another reply that SSDR could crash due to abnormal PS voltages)

If I close all above messages and try to open SSDR, I am getting

When I reboot the radio it start to behave normal till later afternoon or the next day. This is going on for about 7-8 days. I do not even want to start RTTY contest tonight with that unpredictabl

I saw several posts on the Facebook with similar issues.

Can someone explain me what's going on here? Is there any connection to the Smartlink problems, even I do not use it and still on version 3.4.24.

Thanks,

KN7K

Comments

• Trucker
    Trucker Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Does your radio work correctly if you connect it directly( with a good cable) to your computer? It sounds like you are having issues with your network. Bad cables, switch or router can cause problems like this. I would suggest trying a direct connection to eliminate the radio or the pc being the problem.

James

WD5GWY

• Ha Gei
    Ha Gei Member ✭✭✭
    Options

You HAVE to update to last Version. Yours will not work and will also badly influence all others with failing connects. Please read the announcements about 3.5.9. Update and wait a bit . We test connection with smartlink here in germany for our clubatation every day, and it does work good so far.

Harry

• Sergey KN7K
    Sergey KN7K Member ✭✭✭
    Options

my SW version does not affect others at all as I do not use or signed in to Smartlink. I choose to stay with my current version as it was stable till now.

If my radio is affected by Smartlink issue it means my radio constantly communicates with Flex server and that’s not what I expect.

• ka9ees
    ka9ees Member ✭✭✭
    Options

But it's true. Read the letter Flex put out last week.

• Sergey KN7K
    Sergey KN7K Member ✭✭✭
    Options

ED, do I miss something?

From Flex letter:

**Action Required:**

If you have never used SmartLink or created a SmartLink login, there is no action required on your behalf.

• ka9ees
    ka9ees Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Well I missed that! Thanks Sergey. I'd open a ticket if I were you.

• Scott-ka0jwc
    Scott-ka0jwc Member ✭✭
    Options

Im getting the same issues running 2.10.1

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

Scott, please open a support ticket.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.