Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SWR HIGH RFP Error

Options

I've opened a help desk ticket for this issue, but thought I'd post here in case anyone else has run across it:

Over the past week I have noticed my PGXL throwing random ‘HIGH SWR RFP’ errors. Yesterday, it starting doing so continuously. 

I have two antennas, a K4KIO Hexbeam and an Alpha Delta 40M Dipole. The amplifier will error on both antennas. I have checked the SWR on both antennas with an analyzer and it is below 1.5 on both. The error occurs on all bands

Tagged:

Comments

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

Can you test into a dummy load as well?

The PGXL can deal with very quick transient loads and show an error in as fast as 10us. Sometimes an RFP trip can be related to something within the entire antenna system.

Doing a dummy load test just helps to add some additional information.

• W9TVX
    W9TVX Member ✭✭
    Options

I loaned out my dummy load a couple months ago and it walked away. I'll order a new one today

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Depending on what Radio you drive it with the TX Delay can vary a lot

Try setting your TX delay IN THE RADIO to 30ms and see if the Error comes back, If it is still there try going a little higher on the TX Delay.

I think what is happening on some radios is that the AMP has RF Power hitting the SWR alarm circuit before the TX/RX Relay is fully closed and trips the High SWR Interlock alarm.

• W9TVX
    W9TVX Member ✭✭
    Options

I set the TX Delay to 50ms and ran into a dummy load and the same issue is occurring. Flex support is looking into it and hopefully it is just operator error. I will report any findings here

• W9TVX
    W9TVX Member ✭✭
    Options

This morning Flex support logged into my computer and everything seems to be working. I am absolutely baffled as just last night I was getting the error running into a dummy load. I feel like the fella who takes his car into the dealership for a problem that cannot be reproduced at the dealership!

Thanks to flex for their great support as always

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.