Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Multi Maestro Use

Options

I am curious if anything or anyone has put any thought into the use of multiple Maestros on the same flex and being able to use the CAT and DAX with BOTH rather than one or the other. Currently I have 1 Maestro and would prefer to be able to keep the smart SDR from running as it can be fairly resource consuming from running. I usually run 4 slices and am restricted to using the software due to using software needing access to the DAX and CAT which can only connect to one or the other. So I only use the Maestro for simple usage rather than my software communications services.

Has anyone else ever considered this before? Being able to use 2 Maestros and had have a single computer utilize them both at the same time?

Comments

• Alan
    Alan Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Glenn

Both Flex CAT and DAX require you to bind to a single client, meaning it can bind to only one Maestro.

You could run another set of Flex CAT and DAX apps on a second PC, and use that to bind to the second Maestro.

If you use the CAT/DAX com ports, the daughter app must be on the same PC as the corresponding Maestro's CAT/DAX bind.

Or, in CAT/DAX, use the TCP connections, and it will be available on any PC on your LAN.

I do this in my shack.

Alan. WA9WUD

• Ted  VE3TRQ
    Ted VE3TRQ Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I believe DAX and CAT are restricted to a single endpoint each, so on a given computer, you could only connect DAX to a single Maestro. It is not possible to run a second DAX/CAT instance to a different GUI endpoint. In my case, since I am on a Mac, I can run xDax/xCat to one GUI instance, and either DAX/CAT on SSDR for Windows or DAX/CAT to SSDR for Mac. That gives me two instances of an audio connection (xDax and DAX) on a single computer.

Hope that makes sense.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

Both Ted and Alan described this fairly well.

Simple put, if you use 2 Maestros, you may need to hosting PCs (or MACS) or 1 of each.

• Glenn Depp
    Glenn Depp Member ✭✭
    Options

I am aware of all of this. I guess my point was does anyone know if FLEX has had any thoughts on this. Making the ability to have a singe computer run two instances or be able to address CAT or DAX to specific Maestros or a Maestro and SmartSDR at one time.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

It has been discussed but there are no plans to expand CAT or DAX in that way at this time.

For the moment it is due to the fact that such a small percentage of the install base would actually leverage it and we have lots of other things to address.

I would recommend that you draw this up as a feature in the "New Idea" area (I can't move this one) and get people to vote on it. We do actually look at that area and it gives us an insight of how much in demand it is.

This is more accurate than saying "everyone" wants X.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.