Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

PTT (with foot switch) not working on 6500

Options
I use the FLEX 6500 with a USB microphone. When I press the MOX button or VOX, the transceiver switches to transmit mode, and everything works fine. However, when I press the foot switch, the transceiver switches to TX mode, but there is no actual transmission. I've tried doing a RESET and even upgraded SMARTSDR to 3.4.24, but it didn't help. It used to work perfectly before. Can you suggest what I can do to fix this issue?
Tagged:

Answers

• Gord-VA7GP
    Gord-VA7GP Member ✭✭
    Options

It seems that PC / DAX audio will not be connected when a hardware PTT switch is used, and it seems to have been this way for a long, long time. Software Audio needs software (API) PTT, while hardware audio needs hardware PTT. I wish I had better news for you and for me...

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

For the moment, the radio is working as designed. I did ask engineering if this is an oversite or not. It was part of a discussion when it was developed over 10 years ago in that the PTT would be associated with the physical hardware. Radio/PTT/MIC and PC Audio/CAT interface. It was determined that anyone at that if the radio was physically close enough, that it made sense to use MIC audio on the back of the radio rather than have it sent over the LAN.

PTT on the back of the radio is dedicated to accepting a Mic input on the physical radio.

If you want to use PTT with PC Audio, you need to initiate the PTT via the SmartSDR CAT / API in SmartSDR. There are several solutions posted in the community that would solve this including using the Stream Deck foot switch with SliceMaster that will give you what you require.

If you think this is critical, please add your input to the "New Ideas" area of the community so it can be upvoted based on user demand. Unfortunately, I can't move this thread into that area (or, I would).

Thanks for your input.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.