Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Can't upgrade Maestro to 3.4.24

Options

I recently upgraded my 6700 to 3.4.24 and then tried to upgrade my Maestro. Unfortunately, when I try to connect my Maestro (running 3.3.32), while under "Info" for my 6700, it sees that the 6700 is now running 3.4.24, it doesn't offer that as an upgrade for the Maestro.

What am I missing?

Rick, W7YP

Comments

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

Is your Maestro connected to the internet or directly to the 6700?

This can happen if you are directly connected to the radio with the Maestro, or, for some reason the Maestro is not able to call the FlexRadio maintenance server.

• Rick W7YP
    Rick W7YP Member ✭✭
    Options

Thank you for the quick response, Mike!

It's connected to the Internet (See attached "Info" display from my Maestro's screen). I don't get any kind of error message from the Maestro. If I launch SmartSDR on my Windows 10 PC, I can remotely disconnect SmartSDR from my Maestro.

I'm puzzled. I've never had an upgrade issue before.

Rick, W7YP

• KM4CQG
    KM4CQG Member ✭✭
    Options

I fell victim to this once before. Think the fix was cycling the wifi on the Maestro and or the Ethernet connection.

• Wayne VK4ACN
    Wayne VK4ACN Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Options

Ive got same problem here, upgraded 6500, 2 days ago. Want to upgrade Maestro V1 now. Message says

'Connected to Ethernet, Maestro server unavailable'

Have rebooted Maestro couple of times, doesnt help

• Wayne VK4ACN
    Wayne VK4ACN Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Options

Dont know if its related but for over a week now, Ive had intermittent trouble trying to get into the Flexradio.com website. When I can get into it, some of the pictures are missing. Was working earlier but now not, and this is what i get

Dont know if its related, but sure would like to get to the bottom of it.

Thats with Edge, but Chrome and Firefox doing same thing

I dont seem to have any problems with any other websites

• Wayne VK4ACN
    Wayne VK4ACN Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I think the problem here is now fixed. I can get Flexradio.com and community on mobile data on iphone but not on wifi on iphone or pc. I changed dns servers on pc and also on iphone and can get into flexradio.com and community and the Maestro is now found the server and has updated to 3.4.24

Hope this helps others

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Sounds like your original DNS servers were not updating.

• Rick W7YP
    Rick W7YP Member ✭✭
    Options

Thank you everyone for your suggestions. While not having changed anything on my network configuration, I decided to once again try to update my Maestro and this time it worked. Not once, during the past several days, have I had any DNS lookup problems. All new URLs opened fine in every browser I tried. But this still feels like a DNS lookup glitch of some kind.

Before composing this message, I decided to browse the FlexRadio website and discovered that I could not open the Community forum. The browser would complain that it couldn't locate the site. Every other part of the FlexRadio website worked just fine. When I tried to ping community.flexradio.com, it complained that it could not get the IP address of that site. I tried a couple more times and it finally resolved the IP address.

I was then able to get into the Community Forum to compose and send this message.

I'm going to chalk it up to some kind of weird Internet glitch that hopefully does not return.

Rick, W7YP

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.