Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Best connection/utilization of 6500 with AG8x2 + TGXL (SO2R) + PGXL

Options
KI5RLR
KI5RLR Member ✭✭
What is the 'best' way to connect my 6500 with a PGXL -> TGXL (SO2R model) -> AG8x2? Should I even bother using the Ant2 connection on the 6500? Or am I better off to just use Ant1 until I get a real SO2R model like the 6600 or 6700?

Thanks!

Comments

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited June 2023
    Options

I would just use ANT 1 to A all the way through.

You could use ANT 2 as well, but there is no advantage.

But, yes, upgrade to a 6600 when you can. The 6700 is not being built anymore, but I guess you could locate a used one.

If you want to trade in your 6500, we can work with you on that.

• KI5RLR
    KI5RLR Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @Mike-VA3MW said:
    > I would just use ANT 1 to A all the way through.
    > You could use ANT 2 as well, but there is no advantage.
    > But, yes, upgrade to a 6600 when you can. The 6700 is not being built anymore, but I guess you could locate a used one.
    > If you want to trade in your 6500, we can work with you on that.
    >
    > 73

Roughly how much would I get for my 6500 on trade towards a 6600?
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

Please reach out to us at hams@flexradio.com or by utilizing the link above.

We will get back to you pretty quickly.

• KI5RLR
    KI5RLR Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @Mike-VA3MW said:
    > Please reach out to us at hams@flexradio.com or by utilizing the link above.
    > We will get back to you pretty quickly.
    > 73

OK. I used the link.
  • Pepper
    Pepper Member ✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Options
    I have 2 6700 flex radio with power genius xl and tuner genius and antenna genius all so2r. do i need to hookup both flex radios or
    one radio on ant 1 and 2 to port a and b?
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited June 2023
    Options

You can have the 6500 ant 1 to PG XL A and Ant 2 to PG XL B.

All slices will have to use the same RX antenna but you can have Slice A set to use one antenna for TX and slice B use a different TX antenna.

To be able to receive on two different slices on different antennas you would need a 6600 or 6700. Not sure why sales has not reached out to you. Maybe check your spam folder. Send an e-mail to sales@flex-radio.com and someone should return your email.

Dave DeCoons wo2x

Flex Presale Support

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.