Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Ptt timer

In my learning SmartSDR today, I somehow managed to change the PTT Timer setting.

when operating Ft8, the transmit cycle is very short. I see the message in the lower right corner telling me the problem and to redo the PTT setting.

live spend the afternoon looking for the setting.including help desk and community. I found one note from Tim saying they had named it ptt timer and referenced 33.6 of the SmartSDR user guide. Downloaded the guide and there is no 33.6.

so my question is where do I find this and how do I reset it short of a full reset to factory default (extreme and very, very last resort).)

thanks in advance and y’all have a good and safe holiday!

Marty

W8AKS

Comments

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

Settings/Radio Setup/TX

TimeOut and check the value there.

If that isn't it, then it is some external software doing it.

To test, make sure you are not running any external programs, just SmartSDR. Put the radio into TX with MOX and see if it times out. If not, then it is some other program shutting down the radio.

Being this is FT8, my guess is it is a WSJTx setting.

Let us know how you make out.

• Marty Bluhm
    Marty Bluhm Member ✭✭

Good morning

Thanks for the response.

unfortunately the test was unsuccessful.

I did the mox bit and received the Error

” the ptt timeout timer has elapsed. Release PTT to reset.”

I only booted the Smart SDR , no other programs.

from what I remember, yesterday I was running smart Sdr for iOS remote on ft8.

I had visions of participating in the ft4 sprint, as it is past my bedtime I was going to operate from the bed. So went to FT4 on iOS. No ft4 contacts made so went back to ft8.

from what I remember that is when this problem showed up but not sure.

I went to the main op position and found the problem was there also, so here I am.

li’’ve checked everything I can find. Talk about a way to learn your system. Lol

so that is where I’m at, at this point I’m not sure a reset factory default would accomplish anything. Next up maybe a reinstall of wsjtx but I’m actually groping in the dark.

have a good weekend.

Marty

W8AKS

elp

thanks for the h

• Larry _ NY8T
    Larry _ NY8T Member ✭✭✭

If you haven't already, try a different TX profile.

• Marty Bluhm
    Marty Bluhm Member ✭✭

Alright, some success!

I found where the problem is.

the problem is in the iOS_FT8 profile. I can run the default and ios_default_profile without any problems.

next up I guess is edit the ios_Ft8 profile to find and correct the problem.

does someone have a screen shot or the values that go in that profile so I know I’m good.

Thanks and 73

Marty

W8AKS

• Marty Bluhm
    Marty Bluhm Member ✭✭

Ok got it fixed. Reset the profile.and ran it. It seems to be working. Back to the books and find out how to create a profile.

would like to get the values for going into ios_FT8 profile so I know when I’m good.

thanks Mark for pointing me in the direction.

to think I used to do this for a living. How awful! Lol

Marty

W8AKS

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.