Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Cannot get WSJT-X and Log4OM to Sync!

Options

Good evening,

I have tried multiple times to get wsjt-x to work with Log4OM. I have no problem with my Flexradio 6400M connecting, but when I try to add to the connection the UDP for JT-Alert, it will not keep the connection active. Plus, I do not get the little message below saying that WSJT is Port 2237. I have watched different video's and did what they instructed, but to no avail whatsoever. It was much easier connecting WSJT to DX Lab then Log4OM. Does anyone have any instructions that might help?

Mark Griffin, KB3Z

Comments

• KT5N  Jeff
    KT5N Jeff Member ✭✭
    Options

Here are the settings that I use Mark. See if they work for you. I still haven't gotten Log4OM to report to QRZ and LOTW like it used to since the new "improved" UDP function was introduced.

Jeff KT5N

• AA1SS
    AA1SS Member ✭✭
    edited May 2023
    Options

To get log 4 om to work you need to delete the udp connections then re-install using the add button in the program. There is a write up on it. I had the same problem. I have JTDX, Jt Alert, Gridtracker and Log4OM2 all talking to each other properly.

• Gord-VA7GP
    Gord-VA7GP Member ✭✭
    Options

@WW1SS wrote:

"There is a write up on it."

The Internet is a big place. Can you provide a link?

Thanks!

• AA1SS
    AA1SS Member ✭✭
    Options

It is right in the log4om forum and i also believe it is in the release notes for the latest version. When i find it later I’ll post

• AA1SS
    AA1SS Member ✭✭
    edited May 2023
    Options

Log4Om2 forum

User guide updated and ready for users todownload.

If a user need s to re-establish a UDP connection due to the recent changes in Log4OM the process is as follows

1. Make a note of the port number and connection type already in use

2. Delete the existing UDP connection

3. Select a new connection eith by using the preset buttons or manually - Ensuring the port numbers and connection type noted in item 1 above are employed

4. Save the connection 

5. Restart Log4OM and the connected software

• AA1SS
    AA1SS Member ✭✭
    Options

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.