Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartControl and SmartSDR with my 6400M

Options

GM, I am trying to use Smartcontrol Mode with my 6400M. On my 6400M Slice A is at 14.020, and Slice B is 21.010. But for some reason on Smart SDR the computer version on my computer has 15 Meters at the top and also 15 meters on the slice below the A Slice. I just clicked the band 20 meters on slice A in SmarSDR and now for some reason my B slice on the front of the radio turned off. I just hit the RX button on the front of the radio and both the A and B slice is giving me 14.020 for A and 14.021 for B. And both frequency indications is up above on the A slice. I don't really know what to do to get this right, Did I do something wrong on my Flexradio 6400M or is something all fouled up with my settings on SmartSDR on my computer. Right now, I have no idea how to fix this.

Mark Griffin, KB3Z

Comment

Answers

• ka9ees
    ka9ees Member ✭✭✭
    Options

@Mark Griffin

Doesn't sound to me like you're in SmartControl mode. Have you some pics or screen shots?

• Mark Griffin
    Mark Griffin Member ✭✭
    Options

Ed,

Here are two pictures. When I pushed the A Slice button and changed the band to 15 meters. Both A and B changed to 15 meters. That's my problem. I want 20 meters on A and 15 Meters on B.

Mark KB3Z

• Mark Griffin
    Mark Griffin Member ✭✭
    Options

Ed,

Here is another picture of my SmartSDR Screen. As you can see I have the Frequency Display for Slice A, But there is no B Display on Slice B. As you see there is a B> at the top Right of the screen.

Mark KB3Z

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Hi Mark, You are zoomed in too far to see both the A and B slices on screen at the same time. Note that on the right hand side of your SmartSDR screen that there is a "B" and an arrow indicating that the B slice is off-screen. Either zoom out far enough to see both slices, or click on the B with the arrow to center that slice on the display.

• Mark Griffin
    Mark Griffin Member ✭✭
    Options

I will try that Len. Thanks!

Mark, KB3Z

• Mark Griffin
    Mark Griffin Member ✭✭
    Options

Len,

I have expanded the slices. But I still get the B> at the top, How can I move it down to slice B? It's not like you can drag it down there.

Mark

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Hi Mark, I think that you mean panadapter when you say slice. Close the B slice in the top panadapter and open it in the bottom panadapter. Then you will be able to scroll each panadapter to show slice A and slice B simultaneously.

• Mark Griffin
    Mark Griffin Member ✭✭
    Options

Do you know of any video's showing someone of getting SmartSDR to work with your radio? Such as moving this, or setting this, so forth and so on? I hate to admit it, but I must be a real dummy when it comes to getting this to work. I assume that I can not change bands by using the front of my 6400M. I assume that I must change frequency and band via SmartSDR?

Mark KB3Z

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options
  • Neil D Friedman N3DF
    Neil D Friedman N3DF Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

The downloadable user guide for the M models is also good at explaining most features.

• Erik Carling EI4KF
    Erik Carling EI4KF Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Mark, as Mike and Neil say. Quick note to short-cut your way to accessing band change (and many other things) on your 6400M: press the frequency read out

you will see this

Press it again to close and return to the SC Mode screen.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.