Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex 6600 No signal processing on Panadapter

Options
David Otto
David Otto Member ✭✭
edited April 2023 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I just opened a new 6600 and I am connected via SmartSDR 3.4.23 via my PC. No issues connecting the radio via ethernet. However, when I open the slice A panadapter, there's no signal processing, just a blank screen. It seems the SCU isn't processing anything. Nothing heard on audio. Antenna connected. Any ideas?

Answers

• David Otto
    David Otto Member ✭✭
    Options
    Well, no takers on this one. Can say I'm surprised.
  • ka9ees
    ka9ees Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Open a support ticket is your best bet.

• David Otto
    David Otto Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks Ed, yep, did that, we'll see.
  • ka9ees
    ka9ees Member ✭✭✭
    Options

@David Otto

You know I'm having a similar problem since updating to 3.4.23. In the last few days I have had to shut my power supply off. I normally leave it on all the time. Everytime I do 3.4.23 crashes. It restarts itself and comes up in a state like yours.

• David Otto
    David Otto Member ✭✭
    Options

Yeah, it may be a compatibility problem with the firmware. Who would know? I'm obviously disappointed, since my rig is right out of the box, factory fresh, with the most up to date SmartSDR software running. Don't they test these things before releasing them? Anyway, I'm just getting a taste of the problems associated with Flex software, and I think I'm headed for the door.

• Craig_KØCF
    Craig_KØCF Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Don't be so hasty! I have had my Flex 6500 for over 7 years and have had only a few very minor glitches, mostly due to operator error. All-in-all, no other radio compares to the operational advantages of a Flex. I have had Kenwoods and Icoms in the past, and have used a friend's Elecraft K3 and would never consider going back.

You see all the problems on this forum, which tends to amplify them but gives no idea how widespread a problem may be. But the vast majority of users who have had no serious problems are not heard from. I often show up here to help others, but have not had occasion to report any problems.

73, Craig KØCF

• David Otto
    David Otto Member ✭✭
    Options

Yes, when the Flex is working, it's great.

• John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Is the correct antenna selected? Sometimes the basics get overlooked in the getting set-up process.

• David Otto
    David Otto Member ✭✭
    Options

Yes, I selected antenna 1 to transmit and receive slice A. Even if I selected the wrong antenna, there should still be a baseline RF tracing on the panadapter display. Currently, the blue grid display is empty of activity - no tracing. Thank you for the feedback!

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I am sure you have but have you done a FULL hardware reset, Not just powered the Power supply off?

• David Otto
    David Otto Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks Bret, yes I did a full hardware factory reset, but no change. See screenshot attached. Ty!

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

Hi David

There is something not correct with this radio. I see you opened a support ticket.

They will take care of you.

• David Otto
    David Otto Member ✭✭
    Options

Ok Mike, Ty!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.