Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

3.4.21 and Windows 11

Options
KM4CQG
KM4CQG Member ✭✭
edited March 2023 in SmartSDR for Windows

Hi All

I've upgraded the computer and the entire station and encountered this issue as I bring it online.

With Windows 11 operating system and SDR Version 3.4.21 I can no longer operate with just CAT and DAX. I must open SDR as well or just open SDR and it loads CAT and DAX .

This is different then I was able to operate running windows 10 and previous SDR Versions.

Is this the same experience you are having if not please chime in.

Ian

KM4CQG

Comments

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

This... should work. I operate with only CAT and DAX all the time as I run CAT and DAX on a PC local to the radio and then use SmartSDR on the PC I am using.

I'm not sure why it is like this for you, but make sure you don't have "autoconnect" to last radio turned on.

• KM4CQG
    KM4CQG Member ✭✭
    Options

It's Strange isn't it.

On the Dax and Cat do you have the setting / Smartlink / Auto Connect SmartLink enabled?

I've tried them all still need SDR running to get anything working.

I had a feeling I shouldn't have utilized Racing Sim Alienware R13 computer for these tasks.

Windows 11 Home, I9, 64gb Ram machine

Ian

KM4CQG

• KM4CQG
    KM4CQG Member ✭✭
    edited March 2023
    Options

Mike

I just used my remote location running windows 10 on another computer and all worked normal.

My maestro worked properly as well.

But Windows 11 machine does not allow Dax or Cat alone to feed digital program's such as WSJT

Km4cqg

Ian

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.