Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

MARS for Flex 6300

W9MO
W9MO Member ✭✭
Several months ago I called Flex to see if the 6300 was MARS capable. At that time I was told it was not, but that was being tested.  I used my Flex 3000 on MARS for several years, but sold it recently and would like to get another Flex.

So is the Flex 6300 MARS capable now?  

Thanks!

Bob W9MO

Answers

• Andrew O'Brien
    Andrew O'Brien Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2014
    I asked the same question in June and got the impression that it was unlikely to be something soon, I also wondered if it will EVER happen.
    Andy K3UK
  • Robert -- N5IKD
    Robert -- N5IKD Member ✭✭
    edited March 2015
    You only have to send Flex a copy of your valid MARS ID as Tim noted in another thread.
  • W9MO
    W9MO Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    I have a valid MARS license. That's not the issue.

I just need to know if the 6300 is MARS capable before I buy.

Several months ago it was not when I called Flex.  

• JB
    JB Member ✭✭
    edited November 2014
    As I understand it, the Flex 6300 is not currently useable on MARS but continues to be looked at by the engineering team. I'm sure Tim will jump in when he gets a chance.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    The FLEX-6300 is not configurable for out of ham band transmit and therefore cannot be used for MARS.  However both the FLEX-6500 and FLEX-6700 are configurable for out of ham band transmitting.
  • W9MO
    W9MO Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Thanks for the info Tim.

• Scott N8UMW
    Scott N8UMW Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    The transverter mode is not band locked. It doesn't take much to use a suitable amplifier on it. Of course another option for a comparable performing SDR rigs that does not require a firmware patch would be one of the high end Apache Labs radios.
  • tug67
    tug67 Member
    edited March 2023
    Flex or Apache ....Simples ! Apache everytime !
  • Ted
    Ted Member
    Bob - I was told by Flex that the 3000 could not operate out of band for MARS use. How were you able to get the modification?
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

MARS will transmit on the Transverter Port only. It is not available in a higher power on the 6300.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.