Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

can i run 2 pan adapters and 2 wsjtx at the same time and switch back and forth?

running FlexRadio 640

SDR v3.3.33

can i do this with 1 radio and 1 computer, or do i have to have 2 setups?

trying to monitor 6 meters ft8 while working ft8 on other bands.

thanks,

George B

W4SXZ 73s

Answers

• Erika - KØDD
    Erika - KØDD Member ✭✭✭

Assume you meant 6400. You only have 1 spectoral capture unit... one receiver. You can run two panadaptors however you need to share 1 antenna for receive. Oh I so would like to do this myself with my 6500... now... wsjt takes slice master to bring up two wsjt x decoders... now where this would work is if you have tribander... thats one antenna... I also have a dual bander for 12 17... I have tried this recently. The second receiver band mutes on transmit and. You cannot run one odd and one even and do so2r... unless you have a 6600 or 6700 with dual capture units... or pick up a second radio

With two radios you would probably desire to use band pass filters to tame goober plus you would want to use separate complete antennas than feeding o e radio directly into the second radios receiver. Theres ways. But nothing beats having radios built for so2r

• Sergey KN7K
    Sergey KN7K Member ✭✭✭

Yes, you can

• Mike VE3CKO
    Mike VE3CKO Member ✭✭✭

As Sergey said, yes you can. With the 6700 you can open 8 panadapters so just to prove it can be done I got 8 instances of WSJT on 8 different bands. See screenshots below. This was using a 160m fullwave loop for receiving, at the time my SteppIR was not in the air.

• GeorgeBecknelL
    GeorgeBecknelL Member ✭✭

that is great.

how do you switch from one band to the other?

i run a 80M OCD antenna so i have to retune on most of the bands.

i need a bigger monitor :)

Thanks

• John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭

To do this I set up two batch files in windoze, each one starting an instance of wsjt. I watch the monitor and just click to call the desired station.

• Mike VE3CKO
    Mike VE3CKO Member ✭✭✭

It was 2019 so not fresh in my mind but yes one monitor had the 8 WSJTs running and the other monitor had the 8 slices on SmartSDR. I rarely call CQ in any mode, so I hunt to see a country I may need, once a target is identified, I would then click the TX on the appropriate slice. Back then yes would have to tune, but today with the Antenna Genius and TGXL that takes care of the tuning. It's clear that 8 instances on one screen doesn't leave much room for the scrolling band activity so I had a 3rd monitor I would split up the WSJT instances.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

Yes, you can as you heard.

This is actually easier to do with SliceMaster handing the WSJTx startup.

Mike

• GeorgeBecknelL
    GeorgeBecknelL Member ✭✭

thanks John KB4DU and Mike VE3CKO,

i will try your suggestions.

thanks Mike-VA3MW,

the problem with slice master is i can not get it to run remote SDR.

it works great in the hamshack, but when i am remote i do not think i can run IQ stream, so slicemaster does not work unless i am doing something wrong.

Thanks Again,

George B

W4SXZ

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

When I had that problem or concern years ago, that is when I decided that leaving a PC at the radio and then doing a remote desktop connection to it was the way to go for so many reasons.

One of the biggest reasons is the amount of audio corruption you will get with the DAX audio channels that will cause you to not decode digital signals.

I explain it in detail here:

Give it a thought and you'll see why it becomes such a great tool for any remote operation. Rather than trying to stuff a round peg into a square hole. :)

• GeorgeBecknelL
    GeorgeBecknelL Member ✭✭

sounds like a great idea!

i was also given this recommendation yesterday by another FlexRadio customer.

i will try it, i would prefer to use slicemaster.

thanks,

George B

W4SXZ

• GeorgeBecknelL
    GeorgeBecknelL Member ✭✭

got it working running 2 band panadapters and 2 wsjtx and 2 jtalerts. it all tracks and both send to aclog. thanks for all the advice. this is running remote. now i need more monitors :)

thanks w4sxz 73

• Johan SE3X
    Johan SE3X Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2023

You can never have to much screen estate .. This is a picture of a good friend, Adde SM0SHG, having a widescreen super wide ;) (can't remember make and modell, but very wide) monitor. He connected to my 6700 remote and two other remote Flex radios. All three remote radios on the same screen.

SE3X, Johan

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.