Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

3.4.21 antenna gain

Before I embarrass myself with another support ticket, it seems like antenna gain settings are not being retained in 3.4.21 when switching bands or antennas. When I return to the previous band or antenna the gain is always reset to zero.

Does anyone else see this? Ideas? Is this a persistence database issue?

Comments

• Erika - KØDD
    Erika - KØDD Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2023

Tim, have you created profiles? I run a simple set of them, others might have a better profile setup. My global profiles, are CW, FT8, SSB... I have only the "Default" Transmit profile.... as in my case everything is full power, processor on or off and bandwidth the same unless I close or open it up. and Mic is my balanced boom mic... I've set my processor the way I like it.

Start band to band load your profiles each at a time and save starting high and work all the way down to your lowest in each category. Its a lot of saving switching and saving again... Don't reload the old profile until you've saved on each band. move to another mode. I usually don't have enough time to do everything, but when your done export those profiles and keep them... Usually, my SSB CW and FT8 profiles would disappear, but under this version they're always there every morning. So big thumbs up to the Goddess of Persistence, she's alive and well... Start with one mode and band and go through your settings and see if after saving on each band, they're still there!?! Good luck, Erika DD

• Tim Osborne
    Tim Osborne Member ✭✭

Thanks, this was my next step essentially, create new profiles under the new FW. It "just seemed to work" before but maybe they didn't translate well.

• Ron Koenig
    Ron Koenig Member ✭✭

You are not wrong, Tim.. They used to be remembered, now swapping from RX A/B to or from a Ant 1/2 drops them to zero... Very bad in a contest. I have found no way around it.

Incidentally, it does not normally happen with 2 slices open.

Ron, WV4P

• Tim Osborne
    Tim Osborne Member ✭✭

Thanks Ron! I also received confirmation that this is a bug from the Flex team, with no ETA for a fix quite yet.

• Tim Osborne
    Tim Osborne Member ✭✭

Apparently still broken in 3.5.8 :(

There are workarounds I guess but it's not the workflow I prefer.

• Trucker
    Trucker Member ✭✭✭

I haven't encountered this problem with v3.5.8. It seems to be remembering all the settings between band changes. I just tested it with my 6600M and everything stayed where I had set it going from one band to another and back.

James

WD5GWY

• Tim Osborne
    Tim Osborne Member ✭✭

To be clear, it always remembers the gain settings when changing bands if you use only one antenna; it's when I switch antennas (like ANT1 to ANT2 and back to ANT1) that it forgets the antenna gain previously set.

Repro in 3.5.9:

Choose a band and ANT1 and set a gain value.

Switch to ANT2 and set some other gain.

Switch back to ANT1 and your previous gain is zero.

Switch back to ANT2 and that gain is zero as well.

Not a problem if you don't have multiple antennas used on the same band. I have an AV18HT vertical on ANT1 and a SteppIR on ANT2, they overlap bands and I often switch back and forth or use diversity and each time I have to reset the gain.

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Hi Tim, I have a 6400 running 3.5.9 and performed your steps exactly as above, and don't get the bad behavior. If I change the RF gain, it changes for both antennas (not surprising as the 6400 has a single SCU). If I change bands, the RF gain for that band is remembered. If I switch among ANT1, ANT2, RXA, XVTA, the RF gain is remembered and never goes to zero (unless that is where I already have it.

Do you have a 6600 or 6700 with two SCUs? I keep hearing about this issue but can't reproduce it on my single SCU rig.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.