Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Bose Headset Audio Settings

I want to use my Bose 45 wireless headphones for 6700 audio. The initial attempt had excellent receive audio. But transmitted audio does not drive sufficiently. It works fine on Zoom 🙂. So you would think I can get the same results with 6700. Anybody used the Bose and can pass along their settings?

Comments

• g6eih
    g6eih Member ✭✭

Same here be great to have the correct settings.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

There is no one perfect setting for any headset as each of us require different EQ and the Mic element is also different. As well, we don’t all speak with the same sound pressure. In fact, we are all hugely different.

First, make sure you Mic gain is correct my closely watching the Level meter with no EQ on. You should be peaking about -5db or so on the Level meter.

Next, put the radio into Full Duplex and then listen to yourself on a second slice on a different RX antenna port. No, you won’t hurt the radio. No need to go to a WebSDR site.

That should help get you in the ball park.

Others will have some ideas as well.

• g6eih
    g6eih Member ✭✭

Hi Mile,

My problem is that while the Bose headset is connected to the PC as the default playback and recording device and I can hear audio from my 6700 fine, the mike audio is not working. I am able to use the headset mike great with everyting elese except the 6700. Control panel sound shows it's connected to the 6700 but despite setting th PC as the audio source I cannot get any audio into the 6700.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

Can you post a screen shot of SmartSDR please.

Make sure DAX is off on the radio control panel.

• g6eih
    g6eih Member ✭✭

Bose is connected and DAX is off.

• g6eih
    g6eih Member ✭✭

Sorry I should have added that have tested with all mic profiles and zero input with PC selected.

• Mike-VA3MW

If you want to use PC as a Mic input, you have to turn on PC Audio on in the top right.

• g6eih
    g6eih Member ✭✭

Tried that and all I get is audio in the cans, mic still not working.

• Mike-VA3MW

These are the key parts of using the PC audio and a MIC on the PC Audio stream

• PC Audio must be on
    • The Mic recording device must be the default device and functional (it is according to you). You should be able to test it by recording a voice memo, or a skype call.
    • PC must be selected as the MIC input in SmartSDR
    • DAX in SmartSDR should be off
    • Radio in TX to see the level meter (or turn in Mic Level Active while in receive - this makes it easy to watch)

If you have confirmed all the above, then it might be time to open a support ticket.

• g6eih
    g6eih Member ✭✭

I can confirm all those items have been checked and tested many times and the outcome is the same no mic audio. I'll raise a ticket in a few days time as the Dell PC concerned has just suffered a NVMe failure and needs to be restored with a new NVMe.

Thanks for your help so far, 73

• Scott - WM7C
    Scott - WM7C Member ✭✭

What mic is “home”? I’m guessing you got this sorted out, but you may try “PC”.

• Scott - WM7C
    Scott - WM7C Member ✭✭

Disregard. I was reading the profile and thought it was mic.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.