Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Function Button band up / band down - no rollover

Options
K3SF
K3SF Member ✭✭✭

Hi all

i did update to 3.4.21 on 6600M

and

I like the idea of band up and band down function being added to function buttons

BUT

i get unexpected results using them

so the setup is

F1 is Band UP

F2 is Band down

i have two slices open ..slice A and slice B

so i tried band down using F2..and indeed the freq drop down to next lower band freq

so i keep hitting F2 and at one point expected the band to roller from lowest back to highest

NOPE...first thing that happen is Slice B freq went away and B marker goes missing even though panafall is still there...

i reload the profile for two band ssb as before

and

try F1 Band up function

and i get similar response ..slice A does indeed change band

at point of expected band roller over..once again slice B freq goes away

bandup and band down good idea

but

doesnt seem to do roll over when reach the end ...

and

wipeouts other slice

is it my expectation of rollover being wrong ???

and

why did slice B disappear??

and

how do i set it to change slice B and not just slice A?

any insight would be appreciated

Paul K3SF

Comments

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

I opened a support ticket for you.

• K3SF
    K3SF Member ✭✭✭
    Options

thank you...

Paul K3SF

• k0cwo
    k0cwo Member
    Options
    I have similar issues with the band up-band down function keys with a 6400M. How is the band up-band down supposed to work?

BJ, k0cwo
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

You need to be on the latest version of SmartSDR 3.4.21

• Trucker
    Trucker Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Mike, the ability to add Band Up/Down shortcuts to the function keys is a new addition just added to the M model radios and the Maestro. V3.4.21 is the first time those shortcuts were available. And I can confirm the behavior being described.

James

WD5GWY

• Mike-VA3MW
    Options

Thanks, and I think there is a bug opened for it based on the first posting.

• K3SF
    K3SF Member ✭✭✭
    Options

after some testing wiht my 6600m i still see that this bug is not resolved on version 3.4.24

and

now it seems other function button assignments get randomly assigned to slices

Paul K3SF

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.