Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

DIV clears receive ANT in slice

Options

Not sure if this has been reported, but found a minor display issue when I select DIV it clears the receive antenna displayed in the slice. Doesn't matter which antenna that was selected prior to selecting DIV, and it doesn't matter from what slice you do it from.

The 1st screen shot shows ANT1 being cleared after hitting DIV. Now I can go and select an antenna and it does display it, however it gets clears when you hit the DIV button to shut off diversity. If I do not select an antenna in slice A, it still shows an empty receive antenna when I shut off diversity as shown in the 2nd screen shot.

Comments

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

Thanks Mic

I caught this a few days ago and reported it.

• w1smc
    w1smc Member ✭✭
    edited May 2023
    Options

When this occurs I take my 6600M out of DIV by clicking the DIV button. Then I close the remaining open slice. This of course puts the 6600M into "I don't hear anything mode" cuz there ain't no slices cookin on the stove. Then I double-click my cursor on the pad adapter and a new slice is created which reestablishes ANT1. A little bit cluggie ... but it works ... until there's a software update ...

** AND YES ... I'M STILL WAITING FOR AN EMAIL ON MY 6700 ORDER ... FROM LAST SEPTEMBER **

• Chris WX7V
    Chris WX7V Member ✭✭
    Options

Mike, any idea when this bug will be fixed - I use DIV for my 6600 radio almost daily. Tnx 73 WX7V

• VE7ATJ_Don
    VE7ATJ_Don Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Hah!!!! I saw this too and thought it was something I was doing wrong.... or expected behaviour :-)

Thanks

• Mike VE3CKO
    Mike VE3CKO Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Mike, has this been confirmed as a known issue and added to the fix it list ?

Does not do this in SSDR iOS or in my NodeRed dashboard when I select DIV, oh wait, I created the flows so I made sure it displays it correctly, or at least to my liking, lol.

I've re-test with v3.73 on my 6700 with the same results. When selecting DIV it blanks out the RXant in the original slice, when de-selecting DIV the RX ANT in the original slice remains empty, it is not visible. It should return RXant to it's original setting prior to DIV selection. For demonstration see below, where RXant is ANT1. I am running v3.73 on a 6700, tried this on 3 separate computers.

BEFORE selecting DIV: RXant is visible

AFTER selecting DIV: RXant is not visible

AFTER de-selecting DIV: RXant is not visible

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.