Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Another amp not keying issue

AB9UU
AB9UU Member ✭✭

I left this here though when I left the house with everything off and rebooted the equipment, it is all working fine.

Here is what was the problem was........................

I am trying to work semi remote from upstairs again like I did in the past. I want to be able to keep the pooch company. I am using an Expert 2kfa and a Flex 6500. I have tried checking the boxes in the transmit profile all different ways.

The funny thing is the amp will key when tuning using the tune button in SmartSDR. It also appears the mic is not being found sometimes with things I have tried. In device manager, the mic is there and working. I have the volume on the mic tuned up, PC slected for mic, and the computer audio selected on the top right. The speaker connected to the PC monitors fine..

Answers

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

Hi

The Mic does not affect the ability for the amp to key.

It sounds like your amp is set to RF key, and that is why tune works. It would also explain why the amp does not key if the Mic path is not correct. If you are using PC audio, the MIC in use is the Default Windows Mic Recording device.

Is the PTT Keying line from the Amplifier connected to TX1 on the back of the radio and has TX1 selected on on all the bands that the amplifier supports?

• AB9UU
    AB9UU Member ✭✭

I have the cable set up from Dan that control the Expert from the Flex directly. It has never needed the TX connection and it connects to the system directly. It worked earlier today and then stopped again. I did connect a cable from the TX1 to amp relay and turned it on from the transmit profiles without effect. The system from Dan uses the alc input on the amp already. Strange it sometimes works and others not. I check all connection and they are secure.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

I am not sure what cable that is and who Dan is. You may want to follow up with them as we have no idea of the connections.

However, if you follow our recommendations in the video and only use an RF cable and an RCA PTT cable and still have the problem, let us know.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.