Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

TGXL Bypass mode

I am on the latest TGXL SW/FW, but I had the same behavior before.

When you setup Band Configurator for which band you want to have your TGXL to be in Bypass mode, should you see than "BYP" button is lit? I do not think my TGXL going to Bypass mode as I do not hear Bypass relay click and button does not change a color.

Wanted to hear from other owners - does you TGXL behave different?

Thanks,

Sergey

Comments

• K1UO Larry
    K1UO Larry Member ✭✭✭

Maybe someone with a SO2R version of the TGXL can verify that when using both ports active that one does not switch to bypass. I have the 1X3 TGXL version and the bypass feature works as expected with just 1 port being used.

GL Larry K1UO

• Ian
    Ian Member ✭✭

Hi Sergey

I run full SO2R with the 6600 / PG / TG / AG setup and the bypass works as expected. I run N1MM+ for contests and and lots of other stuff for general DX and FT8. I do find that sometimes when I close and open different software packages and back again the system seems to get confused which program is doing what. I always use the control software ie N1MM+ / WSJTx etc to change the band on the Flex system as sometimes this causes issues with what antenna or port or DAX issues that I am using and then the AG does not know where to be.

When I change modes say CW with N1MM+ and then FT8 in WSJTx ... I always reload my FT8 global profile in the 6600 and this seems to get rid of the issue of the software not knowing when my Flex gear is.

I find reloading the profile seems to stop all the issues ... worst case I reboot everything

hope this might help.

Ian VE3JI

• Sergey KN7K
    Sergey KN7K Member ✭✭✭

It does not matter what I do , reboot all or else, I never see "BYPASS" is activated per Settings configuration.

See below, SWR 1.05:1, Bypass is not activated. Maybe I miss something...

• Wayne VK4ACN
    Wayne VK4ACN Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2023

Mine shows Byp in orange but I thought that setting was on the other tab as per picture. Port A- RX BYP

I have the SO2R TGXL but have the 6500 so only using port A at this stage. I thought this setting meant that if I have say 2 Slices open, 12m and 20m, the tuner was bypassed on receive for both bands so the signals aren't degraded by a tuner tuned for 12m. 12m being the active slice here. When I tx, the tuner instantaneously activates for the tx band. Does that make sense? And when in this bypass mode, the orange led on the front of the TGXL is lit.

• Ian
    Ian Member ✭✭

I think this might be time for a support ticket.

Here is a screen shot of my configuration of what is working for me. I am running FW 1.1.8

30 m antenna is in operate mode and 20m is bypassed .. see the hi- lighted orange for 20 m ...this what you are looking for.

When I select the Manual by pass button at the bottom of the screen shot (as you show with the red line on your screenshot) it will manually put the active TX slice in bypass mode ... my 30 m antenna is now bypassed and the orange bypass colour is hi-lighted as below.

maybe you can use this to help in a support ticket

sorry I could not solve this for you but I am wondering if this is new firmware bug

Ian VE3JI

• Mark W Scott
    Mark W Scott Member ✭✭

Sergey,

I have the same same problem. I have a Flex 6700, TGXL, AG, PGXL, as well as a Log Periodic antenna I use on 10-20m, along with a SteppIR vertical antenna I use for 30-80m. I have the AG set up for these bands on each antenna with no overlap. So, when I operate on 20m the AG automatically connects me to the LP antenna. When I want to operate on 30m the AG also automatically connects me to the SteppIR vertical antenna. This happens even if my slices all point to the same antenna (e.g., all slices show ANT1). The AG will still automatically select the correct antenna (since, again, there is no overlap between bands per antenna).

I also have the TGXL setup so that when using the SteppIR bands the TGXL should bypass.

However, while the AG selects the correct antenna, the TGXL does not automatically bypass TGXL for the appropriate band. It stays in OPR instead of going to BYP. For example, if all my slices are set to ANT1 which is pointed to my LP antenna and I transmit the TGXL stays OPR and works as expected. However, if I change one of my slices to 30m and stay on ANT1, if I transmit on that slice the AG will automatically connect to my SteppIR vertical but the TGXL will stay OPR. I have to manually put the TGXL into bypass.

Mark K4MV

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

If you have not done so already, please open a support ticket or email support@403a.com.

• Eric Gruff
    Eric Gruff Member ✭✭

I have the same issue with my TGXL SO2R configuration. I've set Antenna B (my dedicated 6 M yagi with 1.02:1 SWR at 50.313 MHz) to Bypass, yet when I use Tune mode for my untuned Antenna A (sloper), the TGXL is inserted for both Antennas A and B. I know this because the SWR of the 6 M system jumps up to 1.24:1 (presumably the tuned solution). If I switch the entire tuner to Bypass mode and do nothing else, the SWR of Antenna B goes down to 1.02:1.

It looks like the TGXL is not actually disengaging from the Tune mode for Antenna B even though the front panel shows BYP next to the frequency.

Eric NC6K

• Sergey KN7K
    Sergey KN7K Member ✭✭✭

I will put link to this post in 4O3A forum

• Sergey KN7K
    Sergey KN7K Member ✭✭✭

Thank you Marko! Let me know if you need more info or additional screenshots.

Sergey

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.