Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

which port or RCA connector to interface an ameritron al 811 on the back of a 6400 flex

:)

Best Answer

Answers

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Hi Jon, you can use TX1, TX2 or TX3. Connect one of them to the relay jack on the amp (not to the ALC).

In TX Band Settings in SmartSDR, check the boxes for the TX line that you are using on a per band basis.

In this example, I am using TX1 to key my KPA 500 amp. I am using TX2 to key my 2 meter transverter, and TX3 to key my 2 meter amp. Pay attention to how much power you put out on 60 and 30 meters. You may want to uncheck the boxes for these two bands.

Be sure to turn down the RF output of your Flex so that you don't overdrive the 811 amp. Follow the instructions in the amp manual to tune up on each band and mode.

Note above that I do not use ALC (HWALC box) with my KPA 500. I don't believe that you need it with the Ameritron 811, but I don't have any experience with that particular amp. Any correction here would be welcome.

• thank you so much
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.