Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

What is the recommended group of 3rd party software packages to install for control / automation?

I don't know what I don't know, but also don't want to add every program that works with flex. I'd like to control Steppir, get the streamdeck working well, and use two flex control knobs to control two slices on my 6600.

I see FRStack for streamdeck / steppir control.
DDUTIL for a second flex control knob
Slicemaster and CW Skimmer to skim CW

Are there any others that are recommended?
Can you run all 3 at the same time without conflict?

Answers

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

If you are handy enough, you might want to consider looking into NodeRed.

Just some ideas.

• AndrewG
    AndrewG Member
    Thanks, I have nodered on a raspberry pi, still working out some of the details
  • WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭

Node-Red is by far the Best Control Panel I have used and a excellant way to control a station either Remote or a Local station from a WEB Browser in my opinion.

I run two Flex6700's, PGXL, TGXL, ANTGen, multiple Realy switchs, and my Rotor all from one Dashboard with out their individual utilities and require only one port through your Firewall to allow it to be used Remotely.

I also have Flows on a differant pages for my Backup equipment and stuff I have sold but still hate to part with the Flows like a KPA-500, AT-Auto tuner, Elecraft W2 watt meter and about anything else that has a Ethernet or Serial Port.

Dave and Alan are real experts at Node-Red for station Automation that have been SO Very helpful and patient for a dummy like me.

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Hi Andrew

A lot of what you want to do can be accomplished with Node Red and FR Stack. We have a group dedicated to Node Red for ham radio.

There are flows on there for various equipment, including the SteppIR.

Dave wo2x

• Wayne VK4ACN
    Wayne VK4ACN Member ✭✭✭

Ive just started with node red and its not that hard and pretty good

• AndrewG
    AndrewG Member
    Should I hold off on ddutil and just focus on FRSTACK and node red?
    What about slice master / cw skimmer?
  • WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2023

What are your requirements for your hardware for using DDUTIL?

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Check out SDR Bridge for use with CW Skimmer.

I’ve never used Slice Master but others have.

Dave wo2x

• AndrewG
    AndrewG Member
    Other than a second flex control knob, I don't think I have other requirements for DDUTIL. Thanks for the advice i'll dive into node red in more depth.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.