Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

WSJTX v2.6.0 no CAT control

VK2PW
VK2PW Member ✭✭
edited December 2022 in Third-Party Software

Hi everyone,

Well, my head is spinning. The Beta version of WSJTX 2.5.4 expired yesterday and no longer starts. A new release v2.6.0 is out, however there is NO CAT CONTROL.

Lets assume for a moment that I know what I am doing with Flex and setting up of WSJTX. Every setting I have ever used in every version of WSJTX remains as it was before. I have quadruple checked everything over and over and over. Everything is spot on but there is no CAT Control.

I am running version 3.3.33 of SmartSDR. It has been working all day until the 2.5.4 version of WSJTX expired forcing me to install the latest release which is due to expired in March. I just cannot for the life of me figure out why it would suddenly no longer be capable of CAT control.

It has to be WSJTX because the rig has not changed. Something really amiss here and whatever i was, was lost with 2.5.4 which worked perfectly.

Thanks

Adam VK2PW

Comments

• Bill NE1B
    Bill NE1B Member ✭✭✭

The latest version of WSJT-X Beta is v2.6.0 rc5. It is missing the hamlib for Flex radios.

I have been running v2.6.0 rc4 for several months with my Flex and it runs fine. It does not expire until December 31.

I am sure K1JT will fix the latest Release Candidate to include the hamlib for Flex, probably with an rc6.

Otherwise, go back to using the General Release v2.5.4 until the next General Release which I assume will be January 1, 2023.

Bill, NE1B

• Ken Wells
    Ken Wells Community Manager admin

In the mean time, I have gotten it working using a CAT COM Port and selecting Kenwood TS-2000 as the rig, as we had to do before the TCP port was implemented.

• nd4g
    nd4g Member
    edited December 2022
    I had the same issue. RC5 has a bad or old dll file from the previous RC and is not compatible.
    Here is a link to the discussion on the WSJT-X forum:
    https://wsjtx.groups.io/g/main/topic/95347296#40321
    Here is the link to a updated dll file that fixes the issue:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/snmkzu8eif89yqs/libhamlib-4.dll?dl=0
    73, Rich, ND4G
  • g0mfr
    g0mfr Member ✭✭

just upgraded to rc5 - (rc4 expires tomorrow) - thought I'd gone mad ! thanks for the link to the updated DLL all good now :)

73, HNY, Gareth G0MFR

• Mike VE3CKO
    Mike VE3CKO Member ✭✭✭

Thanks Rich for the updated dll file. Yesterday my 2.5.4 stopped working just as I was demonstrating FT8 to a friend. Spent a lot of time rebooting radio, dax etc. then broke down and installed 2.6 rc5 didn't even think about expiring software. I too could not for the life of me get it to connect to my 6700, even second guessing myself and followed Mike's (VA3MW) video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxageEY7-Pw) to no avail. So I fired up SliceMaster and that got it going. Figured something messed with rc5 but it was working so let it be until reading this thread this morning.

I grabbed the libhamlib-4.dll from Rich's dropbox link and bingo. 2.6 rc5 is back up

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.