Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

STREAM DECK AND FLEX RADIO

Hello to all,

For the purpose of quick browsing, I became the owner of the new Stream deck MK.2. (15 keys).

Can someone explain and explain to me how I define the keys to work in Smart SDR?

I’ve looked at a few shots on YT before, but I haven’t spotted exactly how to set the keys anywhere.

Best 73, Dare S58M

Comments

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator

You can load FRStack from FRStack - My ASP.NET Application (mkcmsoftware.com)

Then you need to install the latest Stream Deck software from Stream Deck | elgato.com

In the Stream Deck software you need to install the REST plug-in located in the FRStack3 folder on your PC after the FRStack software is installed. The plugin name is com.mkcmsoftware.restcall.streamDeckPlugin

You can double click the plugin file to install it.

Then you can import the example profile located in the same FRStack3 folder. It is named FRStack3 Rest.streamDeckProfile

That will give you examples already programmed for the Stream Deck.

More info by running FRStack and clicking Help then REST Help.

Dave wo2x

• S58M DARE
    S58M DARE Member ✭✭

Hello Dave!

Thanks for answer.

Yes, i do it, but i dont know how configure keys. For example: on the board i see SET RX ANT1. What i must do, that this key will be in function and operate with SSDR?

73 Dare S58M

• Alan
    Alan Member ✭✭✭✭

Under the FRStack "Help" pull-down (top far right) is "REST Help". This file has a list of all of the available REST commands.

Look at the already configured buttons in the sample FRStack Profile. Use the profile buttons as a guide to understanding how to make new buttons, with the commands you like (easy to copy and paste the button to a new position and then make the minor changes for the command you desire.

Alan. WA9WUd

• dale0131
    dale0131 Member ✭✭
    Does FRStack3.Rest.streamDeckProfile do anything or example only?
  • Alan
    Alan Member ✭✭✭✭

Yes, the FRStack StreamDeck profiles are fully functional.

Alan. WA9WUD

• Tom OK1DWQ
    Tom OK1DWQ Member ✭✭

I have Stream Deck+ ...will nice when Rest Call could be updated for new capability of StreamDeck+ - Dials, Touch screen...

• Lcdrbob
    Lcdrbob Member
    I need a good setup for the 32 key Stream Deck. I saw one here recently when i visited before becoming a member.
  • David Decoons, wo2x

It all depends on what you are using the Stream Deck to control.

In my case I have radio controls, PG XK, TG XL, rotor, AC outlets, DC relays, plus other functions (launching PC programs for example.

Dave wo2x

• Erik Carling EI4KF
    Erik Carling EI4KF Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2023
  • N1AI
    N1AI Member ✭✭

I am trying to get Stream Deck to work. I did all the steps in Dave's post above:

1) Loaded FRStack from FRStack - My ASP.NET Application (mkcmsoftware.com)

2)I Installed the latest Stream Deck software from Stream Deck | elgato.com

3) Installed the REST plug-in located in the FRStack3 folder on your PC after the FRStack software is installed. The plugin name is com.mkcmsoftware.restcall.streamDeckPlugin

Now I start the FRStack3 application, and I get a message saying there are no radios available.

The radio is on, SmartSDR has no problem finding the radio, not sure what to do next...

Regards,

Dave, N1AI

• N1AI
    N1AI Member ✭✭
    edited March 2023

Got past that by dorking with:

Control Panel\System and Security\Windows Defender Firewall\Allowed apps

And set the FRStack apps to "allowed".

Now the FRStack3 app is finding the radio and showing the active slices:

And the Stream Deck app is showing the profile loaded:

EDIT: Stream Deck was totally dark at this point, but the fix was simple: the USB-C cable had wiggled out of the jack, LOL. Now it's lit up as it should be, buttons are showing their icons.

Next, I did the stuff in Dave's u2b video StreamDeck integration with Node Red using web socket and FRStack REST commands - YouTube -- at minute 1:50 or so ( setting the "URI 1" field to "http://127.0.0.1:13522/api" ). Till I did this, nothing worked. Now it does. Not sure why this isn't in some of the various other setup web pages I'm reading, but this is what I needed to do to get it to work.

Hope this info helps others...

• David Decoons, wo2x

Glad you got it working!

Dave wo2x

• M0MDS
    M0MDS Member ✭✭

Hi all,

I am also having trouble getting my Streamdeck + working.

Any help greatly appreciated.

I have a Flex 6500 on the same lan as my PC running Smart SDR 3.4.21.

Radio and SmartSDR all work fine.

PC is running Stack3 v 3.1.36.70 and works with the 6500 fine. (shows slice data. Spots work etc)

Installed

Stream Deck latest software v6.3.0.

I clicked on the two files in FRstack and it seems to have installed Rest Call 1.2 and a FRstack profile which appears on the stream deck buttons.

I set the Global URL 1 to http://localhost:13522

But so far nothing seems to be working. 

Can you point me in the right direction please.

Mike

M0MDS

• Erik Carling EI4KF

Just to summarize previous help in this thread:

In Stream deck you see a parameter setup like below?

You have FRStack running and it finds your radio?

Stream Deck as well as FRStack have Firewall entries set to allow for all ports and protocols on all profiles (Domain, private, Public)?

Let us know on these points.

• Maurice
    Maurice Member ✭✭

Does this work als on a 15 button Streamdeck, or do i not have all the buttons?

• Erik Carling EI4KF

A 32 button profile on a 15 button deck will only partially display (the top left corner 15 tabs in the profile).

Therefore you would need to edit the 32 button profile and create a separate 15 button one. For this use the Lorby StreamDeck Editor and below you see a 15 button profile that I quickly created as a demonstration for this answer.

Lorby is at https://www.axisandohs.com/uploads/6/0/8/2/60827113/lorbystreamdeckeditor_1_07_b11.zip

Create an empty profile in StreamDeck. Use Lorby to load it. Also load the 32 button profile - you can populate the editor with whichever page you most want, probably the top page. Drag and drop to create your 15 buttons and save. SD must be closed to enable save. When you re-launch SD you will have your 15 button profile available.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.