Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6400 fail to boot

Hi my new 6400 after using it in cw mode will not boot at all. I have tried about 20 times to power down unplug the power cord wait several minutes and plug it back in only to get the three red blinking lights. I also tried the factory reset by holding the power button down until it turns white, which did nothing more than the soft reset. The radio was working fine on cw the last time i used it.
can you help me fix it and is cw something that you should not do on the flex??

Comments

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Hi Ed, I would submit a help desk ticket.

I run CW all the time on my 6400. The fact that it failed while in CW mode is probably just coincidence.

• ed denton
    ed denton Member, Unconfirmed
    Thanks Len, I guess anything is possible. I wish i could get it to work. I've only made 2 payments on it so its basically brand new.
  • Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭

Hi Ed,

The 3 flash code indicates a boot failure and is usually the sign of a corrupt SD card. Help desk ticket will confirm and get it resolved.

You can also order a spare if you want to have on on hand to minimize the down time. Installation instructions are also on the Flex web page. I recently received a new 6600 and just ordered a spare SD card today.

Here are the error codes from the hardware manual.

Regards, Al / NN4ZZ

al (at) nn4zz (dot) com

6600 Win10 Pro V2004 -- SSDR V3.3.33

• ed denton
    ed denton Member, Unconfirmed
    I turned in a ticket and were trying to diagnose what to do right now. So far the factory reset is not going to let it reboot. Maybe the next step is an SD card.
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

You will need a new SD Card. Support should get back to your shortly.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.