Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

No microphone audio SmartSDR

Options

Suddenly I do not have any microphone audio when using SmartSDR. The computer recognizes the mike and I can see the level in the settings but nothing is getting to the software. I know the interface works as both transmit and receive are fine with WSJT.

What are the proper settings to use with Heil PR-781 connected via USB interface for SmartSDR for Windows

Best Answers

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Try with DAX disabled.

Also under Privacy/Microphone, does SmartSDR have permission?

Dave wo2x

• David Decoons, wo2x
    Answer ✓
    Options

Yes, when using PC audio DAX needs to be disabled.

73 Dave wo2x

Answers

• David Decoons, wo2x
    Options

We need more info. What USB interface? The PR-781 is an XLR connection.

Screenshots showing the Phone menu in SmartSDR as well as the main program including the right side panel will help us to potentially see your issue.

Dave wo2x

• K6JV
    K6JV Member ✭✭
    Options

Hi Dave, the USB interface is the Scarlett Solo. Hard to take screen shot as using Windows 11 computer with Mac keyboard😀 Solo is connected to the Windows machine not my Imac

• K6JV
    K6JV Member ✭✭
    Options

Side Panel

• David Decoons, wo2x
    Options

This is most likely a Windows configuration issue. Make sure the Solo is the default Windows mic and in Windows Privacy make sure the mic is allowed to be accessed by third party programs.

Dave wo2x

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

If you hover your mouse over the "PC Audio" button on the top, it will show the MIC input the radio is expecting.

If you plugged another audio device into the computer, Windows will likely reorder things and mess up and 'default' settings.

You do want to make sure that your 'default' audio devices on Windows are the MIC and Speaker you want to use. Hopefully, that helps.

• K6JV
    K6JV Member ✭✭
    Options

Hi Mike, it does not show that. When I hover over PC Audio on the top I get:

"Enable remote receive audio to play though your default playback device" No mention of microphone.

I did look in the PC settings and Flex DAX is enabled.

The default audio devices are the Solo microphone and correct speaker as audio does play properly.

The microphone shows up correctly on the Windows setting screen and it does show audio. I can also use the microphone on remotehams.com but not on SDR.

• K6JV
    K6JV Member ✭✭
    Options

DAX disabled fixed it!

• mark1161
    mark1161 Member ✭✭
    Options

Good Morning,

I am having a similar issue with a PC microphone. I am working remotely and have no issues with digital modes. My microphone is recognized by Windows and I see the output in Sound Settings. DAX is disabled. However, when I am in MOX there is no output from the radio. I am using PC Audio in SMARTSDR and I do hear the radio. Privacy/Microphone settings were mentioned in this stream. I haven't looked at that. Where can I find it and does anyone have any suggestions?

Mark

KK2L

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

Hi Mark

I created a support ticket for you.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.