Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Smart SDR (Windows) Power Genius XL (PGXL) Meter SWR and Unresponsive

Options
Brian_KF4IRE
Brian_KF4IRE Member ✭✭
edited October 2022 in Power Genius XL Amplifier
Earlier this week we slipped into the man cave/ham shack to tune up 6600M and reach out as we do several times a week. This evening I noticed the AMP window within the Smart SDR application 3.3.32 was inoperable. The PGXL amp however was working as normal. The PGXL utility working fine as well. Well, as per usual - reboot/cycle power every thing (one at a time though). Rebooting the amp corrected it - business as usual. Noticed the SWR meter on the Smart SDR PGXL meter window was back where it has been ever since 3.3.32 was installed... registering 1.25:1 --??-- Checked on line here and couldn't find an article using a number of search strings - saw there was an update to 3.3.33 so I went ahead and updated the radio and the Smart SDR for Windows.. - Cold started everything - rebooted and it was still there - Checked the release notes/changes/bug fixes - not even an honorable mention of the 'bug'.
So what is it? Wrong search string, the issue is addressed over here and here's the fix? Is it a problem that only I have? It's not really hurting anything other than I'll never be able to tune my antenna and see what the Amp is registering for an SWR if it's less than 1.25:1 because that's what it registers all the time unless its higher than that. Suggestions?

Comments

• K5XH
    K5XH Member ✭✭
    Options

Since upgrading to 2.8 I am seeing the same thing so it is not only on 3.x.x versions.

Mark K5XH

• RFord
    RFord Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Brian this is a known issue...we were told it has been corrected and we should see it resolved the next update for the PGXL...hope this helps...

• Brian_KF4IRE
    Brian_KF4IRE Member ✭✭
    Options

Thank you Gentlemen. It's refreshing to know that I'm not alone and that what I'm seeing isn't an individual user induced problem. If by any chance either of you can recall where this is addressed or discussed or even how its described it might help me better understand how things are described so I can more easily find answers to my own questions without posting repeat articles.

Thanks again...

Brian

KF4IRE

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Yes, Flex is working on a firmware update for the PG XL which corrects this issue.

Dave wo2x

• Danny78
    Danny78 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I have just bought the AMP(3.6.24 and Tuner(1.1.8) so brand new user.
    Do you all have the SWR in SmartSDR/Power Genius XL area indicating 1,25:1 even in RX? That is the situation here with 2.8.1 SmartSDR version.
    When i installed the AMP and Tuner Genius I had v2.7.6 on the Flex 6700. Everything was fine while testing. Later the day I updated all my software and when testing again I had the SWR indicating 1,25:1 all the time even with no TX?! First I thought it was a software problem and rebooting everything but it is still there so I searched and found this article.
    If it is a known bug and someone is working on it that's OK for me.

Best regards,

Danny
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

This is a known issue which will be corrected.

Dave wo2x

• KM4CQG
    KM4CQG Member ✭✭
    Options

Reload the Firmware will temp Fix the issue

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.