Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

PGXL DHCP 'JITTERS'

After installing a new router using a different IP, I observe the PGXL IP address field displays a strange character, and the [DHCP-IDLE] is jittering (for lack of a better term) The PGXL works as it should otherwise. If I switch back to the old router, the PGXL displays the IP address as expected. While it's certainly not a showstopper at this point, I'm wondering how to correct this condition. Have tried reboots. Thanks for your time!

Answers

• Alan
    Alan Member ✭✭✭✭

Was/is the PG-XL configured to use a static IP address? If so, and if the new router is set for a different sub-net, the two will pass in the wind and not connect.

Suggest you endure the PG-XL TCP configuration is set to use DHCP, and not static. Then, try again with the new router.

Alan. WA9WUD

• Paul - K6HR
    Paul - K6HR Member ✭✭

Thanks Alan,

The PG-XL is set for DHCP. When I open the PG-XL utility it shows the correct IP. Only the IP display on the amplifier screen shows no IP address, and instead just flickers.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

Paul, what version of the software/firmware are you using?

• Ed NI4MX
    Ed NI4MX Member
    I am experiencing same thing, just received PG-XL yesterday. Firmware version is 3.6.24.
    Tried it DHCP and Static (same IP number as a reservation in the router). It is connected to a GB switch off the main router as is the 6600 and TG-XL. Software shows IP correctly, operates correctly, just that the PG-XL flickers 1 or 2 symbols for the IP address. Have not tried connecting it to the main router (will need longer Cat6 cable to try it.)
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

As a test, can you run a simple test and run it through a 100mb/sec switch?

I'm starting to see that 1G switches are not all made equal.

• Paul - K6HR
    Paul - K6HR Member ✭✭

Hi Mike,

v3.6.24 on 1G switch

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Hi Paul,

You mentioned reboots. Have you tried a reset to defaults? Turn the rear power switch off and then hold the Op/Stby button while turning the rear switch on.

Once it resets you will need to recalibrate the touch screen by touching the blue dot in three places.

Dave wo2x

• Paul - K6HR
    Paul - K6HR Member ✭✭

Hi Dave,

Gave that a try, still jitters.

• Mike-VA3MW

I created a support ticket for you

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.