Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

FLEX-6400m and East Microwave 2m Transverter

Detlef
Detlef Member ✭✭

Hello,

I use 6400M and East Microwave 2m Transverter. IF is 28 MHz. All worked fine until the 10m Band is back. Now I hear 2m and 10m signals together. I use RG58 to connect the Transverter to the 6400M. I think the cross talk will happen inside the 6400M. Can FlexRadio do something?

Regards Detlef - DK6OR

Answers

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

Can you post a screen shot of SmartSDR while operating the 2M transverter. I want to see that antenna ports you are using, and a few other things.

I use mine on satellites all the time with a 10M IF and I do not hear the same thing.

RF is a funny thing and it may be leaking in via some other path.

• Ken Wells
    Ken Wells Community Manager admin

What is the radio preamp set to?

Yu usually don't need the preamp on the radio if the transverter has the proper conversion gain distribution.

But if you have too much radio preamp, then it can make the 28 MHz bleed through all that much worse.

• Detlef
    Detlef Member ✭✭

Hello,

The Flex6400M fooled me after a new installation of SmartSDR. The wrong antenna input was active. I received also 10m Signals. Now the problém is solved. My transverter is connected to xverter and antenna BNC sockets on the back.

Thank you

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

Glad you got it resolved.

This is why a screen shot is so helpful. That way we can see what you see.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.