Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Smart SDR MAC Version 2.2.21 Fixes Remote CW OPS

The new version of SSDR MAC installed on my MAC this AM. The developer identifies that this new release improves the CW Keyer in several ways, and improves the local sidetone.

Well, after hooking up paddles to my 6600 via USB directly into the MAC, the side tone sounds great and the paddles work perfectly allowing my CW fist timing to finally be accurate not make me sound like a lid.

More testing is needed, but I am optimistic that us CW OPS can finally work CW remote with paddles connected to the MAC and hear the generated side tone locally.

Comments

• Birton_N6UG
    Birton_N6UG Member ✭✭
    How is the Paddle connected to your Mac?
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

@Birton_N6UG

Marcus has it outlined in the SmartSDR MAC documentation.

• Arizona Mike
    Arizona Mike Member ✭✭

Connected via USB per the manual documentation. It's easy to do and works perfectly.

• Birton_N6UG
    Birton_N6UG Member ✭✭

Found the information.

Thank you!

• LA9KY
    LA9KY Member ✭✭
    edited January 2023
    I don't know what I am missing here, have a MacBook Pro with a multiport docking, where I have FlexController, Yeti mic, ethernet etc connected. I can not get the paddle to work at all according to Marcus description.
    Tried with 2 different cables, last one from FTDI, UT232R-200, it is found and selected in Tools/CW Keyer settings. Double checked the pins, even the PTT does not work for me. Any suggestions?
  • Arizona Mike
    Arizona Mike Member ✭✭

Did you try connecting directly to the laptop without the multiport dock?

You will need a USB to USB-C adapter.