Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Poor DAX audio to other SW

Options
EI2GLB
EI2GLB Member ✭✭
Hi All

This is something I have noticed since I moved to my 6500 years ago but just sort of lived with it,

I used to use various Icoms and using programs like mrp40 and mmtty I had great sussess working weak DX all over the world,

No I switched to my Flex6500 and I find that the audio feed from DAX to both these programs is really poor and the decode level has dropped, as my operating habits have moved to mostly FT8 I didn't really notice or care as it doesn't seem to affect it,

But now the Sunspot numbers are on the rise and there is CW and RTTY about again I find I can't work the weak ones,

This isn't the usual restart DAX issue it is the quality of feed from DAX to other SW problem that has been the same since V1

Anyone else notice this and I wonder it there anyway to fine tune it to make working weak DX easier,

Thanks

Trevor

EI2GLB
Tagged:

Comments

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

That seems strange. Can you share a picture of the waterfall from WSJTx and you want to make sure it covers the entire 3Khz bandwidth, which it does not initially. Also, is your AGC-T set correctly?

There is a number of user adjustments in SmartSDR and WSJTx that can severely affect the ability to decode reliably. Another clue is if your DT numbers are getting to a value of greater than 1.0. You can decode up to a value of 2.5 (secs) but is something to watch for. Screen shots of your configurations really help to provide more information. We also have lots of FT8 videos on our YouTube channel that talk about a number of things related. https://www.youtube.com/@FlexRadioSystems

• EI2GLB
    EI2GLB Member ✭✭
    Options

Hi Mike

Same as my Facebook reply FT8 seems ok it's MRP40 and MMTTY that I am having issue with

Thanks

Trevor

EI2GLB

• Erik Carling EI4KF
    Options

These programs pre-date SDR and certainly MRP-40 does not work well with DAX. It is not a DAX failing. For CW decoding and RTTY TX/RX there is SDC written for the family of FlexRadio transceivers. As discussed at

SDC Skimmer for Flex Radios - Page 3 — FlexRadio Community

the software works like a charm.

• EI2GLB
    EI2GLB Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks Erik I will have a look at it,

Trevor

EI2GLB

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.