Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Sending UDP data for logged contact to HRD Log ?

In the SSDR/Mac logbook there is an option to send a UDP packet in WSTJ-X format. I set it to the IP address of the computer running HRD log, and configured the port to coincide with the one set in HRD Log. However, I don't receive anything when either clicking the "test" button, or when the Mac logs a QSO.

What am I doing wrong? Using the same IP and port properly logs QSOS from other computers (including a Pi) running WSJT-X.

Charlie KB8CR

Answers

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

I would check the firewall on the MAC and the firewall on the PC. My first guess would be the PC wirewall blocking the data making it to the PC.

I use the feature all the time on HRD, so it does work.

• Charlie_KB8CR
    Charlie_KB8CR Member ✭✭

Hi Mike. Well, it must be on the mac, because I send the UDP packets from a Pi4 that I run WSJT-X with my QDX, and it makes it to the logging PC fine. Now I just need to find out how to mess with the firewall in MacOS.

de Charlie

• Charlie_KB8CR
    Charlie_KB8CR Member ✭✭

Mike:

This is how I set the UDP QSO forwarding, and how I have it set in HRD. Do you have something different?

Setting in SSDR/Mac:

And, this is how i have it set in HRD:

I'm thinking of going primarily to MAC here, and wanna make sure everything will still work before I do. Right now, I use the MBPro to run SSDR/Mac, but the logging takes place on my Windows server downstairs.

Charlie KB8CR

• Charlie_KB8CR
    Charlie_KB8CR Member ✭✭

Definitely something with SSDR/Mac. I ran WSJT-X for Mac (instead of SSDR's built-in FT8), and it does successfully send the Data to HRD. Don't know what's wrong with it. I guess I could delete SSDR/Mac and reinstall it.

Charlie KB8CR

• AA5SH
    AA5SH Member ✭✭

I haven't used HRD in quite a while but I see there is an option for N1MM Log entries right above the WSJT-X. SSDR for MacOS has N1MM option. It works better with RumLogNG on my mac than the WSJT-X format.

Michael, AA5SH

• Charlie_KB8CR
    Charlie_KB8CR Member ✭✭

Thanks, Michael, but I have used HRD Log for many years and still like it. Running WSJT-X with SSDR for Mac, it's working great. I tried using the option for N1MM logging (but changing the port for the one I use with HRD), it did 'log' the contact, but the date was blank, as was the signal reports. I guess the format is different. If I can't figure out why SSDR for Mac's logbook isn't sending it right, I'll just use WSJT-X instead I guess.

73 de Charlie KB8CR

• AA5SH
    AA5SH Member ✭✭

May want to reach out to Marcus (Author of SSDR MacOS) he is very responsive and may can help you out more. There is an option to email him in the preferences window of SSDR I think.

73 Michael, AA5SH

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator

WSJT-X UDP out is in a different format than N1MM formatted UDP.

I’ll verify this tomorrow and test on my MAC and PC. I can capture both packets.

Dave wo2x

• Charlie_KB8CR
    Charlie_KB8CR Member ✭✭

Hi Dave. It has to be in WSJT-X format for HRD. But for some reason it isn't working from SSDR for Mac.

Charlie

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator

I’ll capture the packets tomorrow and figure it out.

Dave wo2x