Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6400M with N3FJP Log

Mike J
Mike J Member ✭✭
edited March 2022 in Third-Party Software
Has anyone run into this before? When I start up SmartSDR while N3FJP's Amateur Contact Log is running it causes SmartSDR 's window to drop out every time I select any function on the SmartSDR screen. If I load N3FJP *after* starting SmartSDR, it functions perfectly. Easy work around but a real nag. I had to shut down my log anytime I load SmartSDR.

Comments

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator

I am running SmartSDR 3.2.39 and AC Log 7.0.4. No issues.

In AC Log Rig setup, did you choose Flex API?

Any other software running?

Dave wo2x

• Tom Teague
    Tom Teague Member ✭✭

Sorry, you're having an issue.

What's the OS your using?

What hardware is in your computer like memory...?

What all is running in the way of software like firewalls, and antivirus...?

I am running both programs and it does not matter what order I start them in so don't think your problem is the programs in use as much as it could be the computer system or network?

Please give us more information so that we can try and help.

All the best, Tom KN4JX

• ka9ees
    ka9ees Member ✭✭✭

@Mike J You probably have "Focus Helper" turned on. Go into "Settings>Radio Setup>Radio>" At the bottom of the tab will be focus helper. Set it to "None".

• Tom Teague
    Tom Teague Member ✭✭

Ed I run focus helper and I do not have the problem he is describing. Is it happening to you whit ACLog?

• ka9ees
    ka9ees Member ✭✭✭

Hi Tom,

That's the problem I had with ACLog. Focus helper set for ACLog caused it.

• John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭

Mike, are you running SmartSDR on a pc at the same time as the 6400 screen is enabled? In other words, is multi flex being used?

• Mike J
    Mike J Member ✭✭
    I am running Win 7. 16 megs RAM. It doesn't matter if I am running both the radio and SmartSDR or just SmartSDR. I did a restart with only smartSDR and ACLog and if I load SmartSDR after ACLog, any click on the SmardSDR screen will close it. It does not crash SmartSDR, it only mins the screen. Ed, I will check on "Focus Helper". Currently, I do not have ACLog interfaced with the Flex
  • ka9ees
    ka9ees Member ✭✭✭

@Mike J I turned on focus help once again yesterday. I turned it off again today. It kept me from using the tabs in SmartSDR.

• Mike J
    Mike J Member ✭✭
    Ed, Thanks. That did it.
    > @ka9ees said:
    > @Mike J I turned on focus help once again yesterday. I turned it off again today. It kept me from using the tabs in SmartSDR.
  • ka9ees
    ka9ees Member ✭✭✭

@Mike J

You are very welcome.

• NG0Z
    NG0Z Member ✭✭

I am exploring adding ACL to my station and would love some tips in advance. I am a subscriber to ACL already as I used it with my old station with an Icom 7610. I really liked it, especially how it automated logging. I used N1MM when contesting, which is rare for me.

Now I am running a Flex station 100% remotely. Here is additional/pertinent information:

Flex 6400 running with SmartSDR on the remote PC.

PGXL and TGXL running with their respective API's on the transmitter site (local) PC and accessed with Google Remote Desktop

Green Heron Controller running on the transmitter site (local) PC and accessed with Google Remote Desktop

For now, all I am looking for is to have ACL get frequency data from the radio for speedy logging. Down the road, I will consider rotor control and other features.

So, I am assuming the most reliable option would be to run ACL on the local PC and access it via Remote Desktop.

Thank you in advance. Feel free to move this note if you feel it would be best posted elsewhere.

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

I can run it two different ways when operating remotely. One is, as you suggest, having ACLog running on the computer local to the radio and accessed via Remote Desktop or similar (I use TeamViewer).

The other is to run it local to the operator. When doing this, I find that ACLog won't connect using the FlexAPI, so I have to have CAT running and connect that way.

Your setup is very much like mine when operating remotely. When I have enough bandwidth, this works really well. My typical remote operating locations are good for fishing and very poor for cell service...

• NG0Z
    NG0Z Member ✭✭

Thanks Len.

Can you send me how you have CAT set up to work on the local end?

• NG0Z
    NG0Z Member ✭✭

Much appreciated, up and running. Easy.

• NG0Z
    NG0Z Member ✭✭
  • KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Great, I am glad that you got it going!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.