Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

win 11 update 22h2? i think

update to 3.3.33 of smartsdr with no issues, until my pc decided it was time to upgrade my w11 system.

all **** broke loose again with the dax disappears mid transmission, among other things. reverting back to older version of w11 made everything work again. is there a solution to this

Answers

• RFord
    RFord Member ✭✭✭

The last two Windows 11 updates have caused SmartSDR issues. Prior to the last two updates I never had an issue. My computer is updated and SmartSDR is running OK…I just hope the next update goes a little easier…

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

Ken NM9P brought this to our attention. You may have to review your Windows Power Settings.

-

Windows Update Alert:

The New Win 11 22H2 update is apparently changing Power Profiles and network adaptor settings, resulting in re-setting several time out parameters.

This is causing unexplained disconnects from radios.

• Dave Garber
    Dave Garber Member ✭✭

do I dare reinstalling the new win11 update. is there video or something telling me what needs changing?

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

Ken NM9P brought this to our attention. You may have to review your Windows Power Settings.

-

Windows Update Alert:

The New Win 11 22H2 update is apparently changing Power Profiles and network adaptor settings, resulting in re-setting several time out parameters.

This is causing unexplained disconnects from radios.

• Dave Garber
    Dave Garber Member ✭✭

is there any instructions to follow to remedy this. I would like to update w11

• Mike-VA3MW
    edited October 2022

Hi Dave

It doesn't affect all users, just some. For me (personal comment) I bought a new Fanless box with Win11 Pro on it. Played with it for a month and then downgraded it to Win10 Pro for $50.

For me, the experiment was over when some gaming service in Win 11 took over and drove the machine to 100% utilization. And, there was no way to terminate it permanently.

• Dave Garber
    Dave Garber Member ✭✭

Mike I have had windows 11 for several months now. I only had an issue when w11 tried a major update. I am currently using, with no issues, version 21h2. issues showed when I tried to upgrade to 22h2

so not sure whether to upgrade, if there is no fix for working with 22h2

• Mike-VA3MW

Formally, I can say we are aware of it and if you have not yet opened a support ticket to track it, please do.

• Dave Garber
    Dave Garber Member ✭✭

I will when I reinstall the updfate, and ready to not be able to work any stations

• Dave Garber
    Dave Garber Member ✭✭

Played with sound settings, in device manager, and other spots. regained the use of my pc speakers, then my audio codec restored. rechecking DAX and it has started transmitting audio again,

and yes we are updated to windows 22h2. and so far all is working

• w1smc
    w1smc Member ✭✭
    edited November 2022

I'm in the process of installing 22H2 on my Surface Pro 7 ...

I first performed a complete uninstall of SmartSDR ... I had v3.3.33 running ...

I tried installing 22H2 on my main desktop but I got the BSOD with the PORTCLS.SYS / PAGE FAULT and the 22H2 did not complete and reverted me back to 21H2 ...

If I can get the Surface Pro 7 22H2 installed along with SmartSDR v3.3.33 then I'll try the 22H2 update on my main desktop ...

• w1smc
    w1smc Member ✭✭

I completed the W11 22H2 install on my Surface Pro 7 w/o issue (after a complete uninstall of SmartSDR) ...

I completed the install of SmartSDR v3.3.33 and have it up & running w/o issue ... so far ...

I plan on doing the same on my desktop later this week ... I will have to do a complete SmartSDR uninstall of versions, 3.2.39, 3.3.29, 3.3.32, & 3.3.33. I'm hoping that performing these uninstalls will allow for a clean 22H2 install (and not get the BSOD with the PORTCLS.SYS / PAGE FAULT....

We shall see ....

Updates will follow .....