Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex Insider -- just received today. Thanks

VE7ATJ_Don
VE7ATJ_Don Member ✭✭✭
edited October 2022 in Community Topics

Just wanted to say thanks to the Flex team for the Insider email I received today. Although the news isn't great with respect to the front panel displays, I did appreciate hearing an update of what is going on and especially about the progress of SmartSDR 3.4 and 3.5.

Thanks guys!

Comments

• Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭

Sounds like there is a new Flex Insider but haven't gotten the email yet. Maybe it will show up in a day or two.

I looked on this Flex Insider web page but it does not appear to be posted there:

https://www.flexradio.com/insider/

The most recent one is:

Letter from our CEO, Matt Youngblood

August 10, 2022

Regards, Al / NN4ZZ

al (at) nn4zz (dot) com

6700 Win10 Pro V2004 -- SSDR V2.4.10

• Trucker
    Trucker Member ✭✭✭

Must be the Insider, Insider version. I haven't received anything yet. And nothing posted about it on the Facebook page or the groups.io feed.

Is it April 1st already?????

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

You might want to send an e-mail to sales@flexradio.com letting them know that you are not receiving them.

• Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭

Len,

Thanks, I just sent an email asking "sales" to check and see if I'm still on the distribution list. I didn't get the last one in August either.

Regards, Al / NN4ZZ

al (at) nn4zz (dot) com

• Trucker
    Trucker Member ✭✭✭

Lin, like Al, I haven't received an Insider email either. And, like him, I didn't receive the last one till I contacted sales@flexradio.com. prior to the last Insider, I had been receiving the Insider every time one was sent out.

Maybe I am on the naughty list!

James

WD5GWY

It is odd though. There's been no comments about folks receiving the Insider on the Facebook page or the groups.io feed. Normally, there would be some posts in both those places. Especially if there's mention of SmartSDR updates.

Could you share a link to the Insider on Flex Radio's website?

• Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭

Fixed -- after I emailed sales, Dave WO2X had me fixed up in a matter of minutes. Got my copy super fast and he made sure to get me back on the list!

Dave has helped me on a few things recently and is an amazing support guy. Flex is lucky to have people like him on the team.

Regards, Al / NN4ZZ

al (at) nn4zz (dot) com

• VK7WH Winston
    VK7WH Winston Member ✭✭✭

I also haven’t received my copy of The Flex Insider

Winston VK7WH

• Trucker
    Trucker Member ✭✭✭

Email sent. Fingers crossed!

• Wayne VK4ACN
    Wayne VK4ACN Member ✭✭✭

I got one today but it talks nothing about Maestro availability. In fact the product update section is blank

• Trucker
    Trucker Member ✭✭✭

Wayne, that's not very encouraging news for those wanting a Maestro.

What about the updates to SmartSDR? Is that something to look forward to? Or is it just some fixes to some of the latest glitches some people have experienced with v3.3.33?

James

WD5GWY

• Dan Trainor
    Dan Trainor Member ✭✭✭

Where on the web site can I download this new document?

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Email sales@flexradio.com and we’ll get you back on the mailing list and I’ll send you a copy of thiS month’s Insider.

Dave wo2x

• Sergey KN7K
    Sergey KN7K Member ✭✭✭

I also did not receive the latest one.

So, what is the news? What's coming?

Thanks

• DL4RCE
    DL4RCE Member ✭✭✭

Did not get it either. Added me to the Mailing list again last time where I have not received anaything.

• Trucker
    Trucker Member ✭✭✭

Several people from Flex Radio sent me the Insider I just found all of them, ( but not the original from Flex Radio) in my email provider's ( of the last 20 years) Suspected Spam folder online. Last night none of the email showed in my Inbox or the Spam folder on their website. I preview all my email thru their online page before downloading anything to my computer. That has helped keep a lot of problems from occurring over the years.

Anyway, I checked again early this morning and still nothing. And just now, I checked again and several other emails that were not spam, were in my spam folder online. I may have to find another provider if this continues. But, first, I will contact them and see if they are having problems. As Gilda Radner said" never mind!"

James

WD5GWY

• Sergey KN7K
    Sergey KN7K Member ✭✭✭

I guess, since no one comment on that, no news in News letter?

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited October 2022

Thanks for your patience everyone on the Flex Insider.

In case you do not know, there are many laws that need to be watched closely and followed such as CAN-SPAMCCPAGDPRCASTLPECR, and others based on your location.  For 'fun' you might want to have a read of each of those web sites.

We follow those processes and procedures pretty closely and as you are seeing it takes manual intervention to move forward.

Before all this, yes, it was as simple as a big distribution list. That is not the case today anymore.

All of the Insiders can be found here: https://www.flexradio.com/insider/ and if you have not subscribed you can do it at the bottom of that page even if you think you have already subscribed. It is something we are working on to further streamline.

The latest one should be there in a day or so.

73 all and thanks for being here.

• Mike VE3CKO
    Mike VE3CKO Member ✭✭✭

This Insider has reinforced some of what was said in the QSO Today videos, a lot of good information and explanations. The soon to be v3.4 release was just one and historically FlexRadio only gives a timeframe (end of Oct, or early Nov), when it is real and imminent. I'm intrigued with the 11 talked about new products on the drawing board so to say. Not all may not make it but the fact that some of the IP (intellectual property) from the new HF radios designed for the Air Force will make it's way to the amateur radio is quite exciting.

If you haven't seen them I suggest go watch them. Here are all the videos on the YouTube site PlayList

My take away is they are quite committed to amateur radio having applied resources back to it and will soon demonstrate that commitment with SmartSDR releases 3.4 and already working on 3.5. Another thing that was discussed openly were the waveform capabilities and though this wasn't actually said, one must conclude that waveforms for amateur radio will be revisited in a big way.

All in all, my opinion is we may be on the cusp of more ground breaking innovations from FlexRadio for us Flexers.

• Sergey KN7K
    Sergey KN7K Member ✭✭✭

Hi Mike,

I was receiving those in previous years but not the latest ones. I followed your tip to re-join in the bottom of the page. So, here, I am already subscribed, but it does not work.

Sergey

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

That is fine. We will re-grab it from that link and that mailing system.

For anyone else, please do not email sales@flexradio.com, but just confirm you have signed from the FlexInsider Web Page.

If it says you are already there, that is ok.

That will not reset the fact you may have marked a FlexRadio email as spam or unsubscribed from some other email you received from us based on my previous posting and observing the required laws.

For something that seems so simple, it is now far from it and that is due to various consumer protection acts.

• Mike-VA3MW
This discussion has been closed.