Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Using WKFlex

Options

Hi Max. I am missing something. I have been using my WinKeyer USB with my remote Flex successfully for many years, but have only a feeble piezo transducer in the WinKeyer for sidetone. I have brought out the leads into a small amp/speaker and that works, but isn't that what your program is supposed to do? I ran WKFlex and it inserts properly into the keying stream but what am I gaining by using WKFlex? I thought it would produce sidetone.

John, K2CIB

Answers

• N5NHJ
    N5NHJ Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi John,

The goals of WKFlex are 1) using a paddle to send CW from a remote radio and 2) have some sort of no-delayed sidetone at the operating site.

The sidetone is generated by the device (WKUSB, K3NG, etc.. WKUSB-AF is perfect for this) not by the software. WKFlex creates a tunnelling between your device and the virtual winkeyer embedded in SmartSDR.

I'm not aware of any althernative method to use a paddle (and generate a local sidetone) other than WKFlex, or a pair of Remoterig boxes, or the RemoteKeyer software.

If you have discovered something new, plaease share it with the community.

73, Max

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.