Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Is Smartlink down again?

SSDR Windows 3.33 on both ends, radio shows as available, but cannot connect. I can connect fine via local LAN but not from remote PC nor Maestro. Maestro does "connect" and then "run" but then screen stays dark with no data exchange. Internet connection to remote site is fine. DAX and CAT appear to connect, but do not actually convey any data. This is becoming a comedy of errors.

Answers

• N5CQ
    N5CQ Member ✭✭

UPDATE: At the trasnmitter site, smartlink setup test shows a green light, but also the message "radio does not have an internet connetiion" but clearly it does, as do all the other devices on the LAN. It has the correct local IP address assigned, and both TCP and UDP port forwards are correct and active. Is Smartlink misbehaving or is it somthing local I cannot detect?

• Bob - W7KWS -
    Bob - W7KWS - Member ✭✭
    edited December 2022

I had the same problem for hours today. Then tonight it just started working again.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

We have no reported outages for SL from our monitor tools. When it does go down, we hear from hundreds of customers almost immediately.

If you don't see your radio, it is often related to network communications on your local LAN and rebooting the radio (and router) usually resolves it.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.