Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

WIndows 11 and no DAX audio devices installed

Options

I installed the latest SMartSDR on a new WIndows 11 machine....DAX did not install any input or output audio devices.....

ANy suggestions?

Comments

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

This is a known bug affecting some PC hardware (not all).

The solution is actively being worked on by FlexRadio engineering but at the moment I don't have a timeline on when it will be released. We do appreciate the urgency and your patience.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

This is from another group by KB1VFU if you want to try a work around.

This is informational only and the process is not supported FlexRadio technical support and needs to be considered an advance exercise.

FYI, I've have two newer Surface Laptop 4 (WIN 10) that would not load the DAX drivers unless Memory Integrity was disabled.

With the first laptop I installed SmartSDR and got the driver error message. Disabled Memory Integrity and all was well.

With the second laptop I decided to turn off Memory Integrity BEFORE installing SmartSDR, assuming that step would avoid the DAX driver problem. After installing SmartSDR the DAX drivers would not load, though Memory Integrity was disabled. So I was too clever by half. In order to fix this mess I manually uninstalled all the DAX drivers, rebooted, re-enabled Memory Integrity,  manually re-installed the DAX drivers, rebooted, got the driver error messages, disabled Memory Integrity and rebooted. Thereafter the DAX drivers loaded successfully. Note that you cannot re-enable Memory Integrity while any non-compliant drivers are installed on the PC. 

Lesson learned: Do not disable Memory Integrity before installing SmartSDR. If the PC supports full Core Isolation features and Memory Integrity is enabled by default, you will get the driver error message, which in that case you need to disable Memory Integrity.  

Unfortunately, Flex has not implemented new Windows security features, though I was told by tech support staff that a full re-write of the drivers is planned to address this issue and many other driver defects.   

Larry KB1VFU

• Les Brown
    Les Brown Member ✭✭
    Options

If I understand the workaround, it is to disable memory integrity. This is unacceptable. I hope that Flex will fix the DAX drivers to be compatible with Windows 11.

I just put together a new high-end PC with Windows 11 and discovered that you can't keep memory integrity enabled.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.