Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Browser based access to Flex 6400

Hi All,

I am a brand new Flex owner and so far, only 2 weeks in, I have been using the default Smart SDR for windows and really like it. But I would like to be able to use the radio at work when I get a moment free, not that these moments exist to a larger degree, but there are times where a few minutes away from the desk would help reset the brain.
So is there a web based solution that can be used, I say web based purely for the fact that the laptop I work on is business owned and so locked down so we cannot install any software.
I don't want to be dragging a second laptop around just to use the radio on an occasional basis, I have done this and can access the radio successfully at work using the "Guest" wifi here.
I have done a search on this site, but I am also a newbie to these sites so could have missed it or formed a search that was duff so not get the results expected back. The only threads seem to be from a long time ago and didnt come to any conclusion.

Any help pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Carl - G6UJC
1 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• VE7ATJ_Don
    VE7ATJ_Don Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2022

Hi Carl.. the short answer is "no... currently the only access is via the SmartSDR app for either Windows or iOS."

If your work permits it, you can always install SmartSDR on the work computer and connect your radio to the internet. V2 and above of the software was specifically designed to support this.

• Hi Don,

Thanks for the response, but unfortunately installing anything other than "approved" software on a works laptop is a no-no.
    2 laptops it is then.....

cheers
    Carl.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.