Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex 6300 SWR intermittent on connection

Options

Remote is Flex 6300. Using SDR v3.2.39 connects with home pc ok. At remote I can reboot Flex 'sometimes' and when apply RF SWR is fine. (20m). If I change bands SWR is thru ceiling. Load used is 50ohm oil bath Dummy load (MFJ). Have changed out jumpers and gone direct to Flex or thru TGXL and PGXL. Other times I reconnect and bad SWR totally. Have changed to wire antenna and also beam but get same 'intermittent' results. Got to be something in Flex.

Can anyone offer advice or help or should I just submit a help ticket? I have total control of power remotely so can operate at the remote including in LAN mode or remote. Issue is same in both LAN (at the rig) or on remote from home.

I saw one suggestion to 'hard reset' the Flex. Think that does require a visit to remote.

Ideas? Tx all in advance

Bill

Answers

• Pete La
    Pete La Member ✭✭
    Options

Make sure you check all your RF jumper cables between components. They are often a source of trouble due to connector issues. I have frequently found them to be the source of intermittent problems. If you find a bad one, replace the connectors or just throw it out so it doesn't find iteself back into your system at a later date.

Pete K1OYQ

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

@Bill If you haven't already, please open a support ticket.

• Bill
    Bill Member ✭✭
    Options

This problem solved. Polyphaser bad in line and bad connection at PL259, MY bad...Flex just doing it's job. Replaced run of coax and poly and that problem gone.

Now the smartlink servers are down and no remote connection during hurricane IAN :-( Not that it would do much good. Remote is still powered at least. Tx for solutions on the first problem guys. Had to work down the line to the bad spot..

Bill

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.