Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

FLEX 6500 DOESN'T PULL IP

FLEX 6500 DOES NOT PULL A IP FROM ROUTER MAC DOESN'T SHOW AND SETTING A STATIC IN ROUTER FOR MAC ADRESS DOESN'T WORK
i HAVE RESET RADIO BY HOLDING OK AND TURNING ON
RADIO SHOWS IN DAX WITH A 169.254.4.103 IP WHICH IS NOT IN RANGE OF MY NETWORK AND I CAN NOT ACCESS THE RADIO

THIS WAS FROM A ESTATE AND I'M NOT SURE WHAT STEPS NEXT

THANKS JACK WC4J

Answers

• VE7ATJ_Don
    VE7ATJ_Don Member ✭✭✭

Hi Jack... What version of SmartSDR are you running? Is the MAC version? Is the radio directly wired to the computer/to the router?

I would suggest opening a Help Desk ticket. The Flex group are very good at addressing and fixing network issues.73

• VER 3.0.27.131
    WIRED TO A MANAGED SWITCH WITH A STATIC RSVP IN ROUTER
    IVE GOT A TICKET IN I DID GET A IP AFTER POWER CYCLING SEVERAL TIMES AS A POST I FOUND SUGGESTED THOUGHT I'D ASK TO SEE IF ANYONE ELSE HAS HAD SIMILAR ISSUE
  • VE7ATJ_Don
    VE7ATJ_Don Member ✭✭✭

Hmmmm... has this configuration worked before?

Reason I ask is that there have been reports before of problems with 'Switches' in the network not properly passing the required packets.

BTW, any reason for posting in all caps? :-)

• sorry was doing RTTY on MARS i forge to switch caps
    this is a radio I got from a estate i do not know its history so I have been shooting in the blind.
    I seen the other posts thus why I cycled power a few times
    my network is running a ubiquiti managed switch the model is not coming to mind
    dhcp server is a untangle firewall box running on a supermicro 1U server i would expect the network gear is quick enough but i think the issues folks are having in the other posts are when there are multiple switches or wifi involved this is a 10g rated switch running 1g and 2.5g to devices
  • VE7ATJ_Don
    VE7ATJ_Don Member ✭✭✭

OK, thanks for the update on the config. I'm no expert on wifi networks, so I'd still suggest submitting a Help Desk ticket to get the Flex folks involved. They have PLENTY of experience getting things to work on various networks!

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

You mentioned you are using a Managed switched.

Can you test with an unmanaged switch?

• Ed Woodrick
    Ed Woodrick Member ✭✭

Is the router setup with DHCP to offer IP addresses? Is the address pool possibly already full?

The 169 address is a default address that a system generates when it has tried to get a DHCP address and it fails.

Have you tried any other devices on this router?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.