Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Maestro Panadapter Blinking Line

K1ESE
K1ESE Member ✭✭✭

My Maestro A shows a blinking line on the edge of the Panadapter portion of the screen to the right of the dB numbers.

Has anyone else seen this to know the cause?

My shaky video is here -

K1ESE John

Answers

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

Yes, this is normal.

Curious, what version of SmartSDR are you running?

• K1ESE
    K1ESE Member ✭✭✭

OK on being normal. Good to know.

As for the version...

I'm running 2.4.10. I am almost all CW here and use both a local and a remote station. I have been embarrassed several times as net control for a CW traffic net when my CW was so garbled no one could copy and everyone had to wait while I restarted my 6600. I shut the radio down every day and restart it each morning but with 2.8.0 and 3.3.32 the problem persisted. Helpdesk Ken helped me reset both the local and remote Flex radios to 2.4.10. I use Softether to run the remote on my Maestro.

I have submitted 11 Helpdesk tickets over the last 8 years on CW issues. Most have resulted in acknowledgment of the problem along with a number assigned to the bug. None have been resolved. I even met Tim on the air so he could listen to the problem. That was acknowledged and a number was assigned, too.

I live in hope that there will be a version of SmartSDR that will be as reliable as 2.4.10 but have been disappointed every time a new version comes out. It sure would be nice if it were fixed for CW operators.

Glad you asked? ☺️

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.