Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

LinearExperts 1.5K and Remote Flex

Cy Stanway
Cy Stanway Member ✭✭

Anyone know how to set up a LinearExperts 1.5K and a Flex Remote? Really, I don't know how to set up the amplifier remotely to use with my remote 6400. Anybody out there ever figure it out?

Answers

• Erik Carling EI4KF
    Erik Carling EI4KF Member ✭✭✭

There are many ways to do it. One of them is by web control using the RC-1216H. Google it. Basically it acts like a PC and its web interface is fairly easy to use. I'm sure there will be other suggestions so get a few and do some research.

• Ignacy
    Ignacy Member ✭✭

There are at least 3 ways to do it.

1. Use serial to Ethernet box and access it remotely. Requires some network skills to redirect ports.
    2. Have PC on site with access to 1.5k, and access the PC remotely, e.g., by Teamviewer.
    3. Same as 2 but redirect port of 1.5k to Ethernet, e.g., using VSPE, and use VSPE locally to recover the port.

I tried 3 and it worked but VSPE was not fully reliable. Option 2 was reliable.

Ignacy NO9E

• Johan SE3X
    Johan SE3X Member ✭✭✭

Not having the 1.5k but a 1Kfa and I have tried several solutions. I have found, as Erik, EI4KF suggests, that you take a look at microbits RC-1216H. I have found it to be the most reliabel solution. More info https://www.remoterig.com/wp/?page_id=1010

Gl, Johan, SE3X

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.