SmartSDR v3.4.21 and the SmartSDR v3.4.21 Release Notes | SmartSDR v2.8.1 and the SmartSDR v2.8.1 Release Notes
SmartSDR v1.12.1 and the SmartSDR v1.12.1 Release Notes
Power Genius XL Utility v3.7.28 and the Power Genius XL Release Notes v3.7.28
Tuner Genius XL Utility v1.1.16 and the Tuner Genius XL Release Notes v1.1.16
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.
LinearExperts 1.5K and Remote Flex
Anyone know how to set up a LinearExperts 1.5K and a Flex Remote? Really, I don't know how to set up the amplifier remotely to use with my remote 6400. Anybody out there ever figure it out?
There are many ways to do it. One of them is by web control using the RC-1216H. Google it. Basically it acts like a PC and its web interface is fairly easy to use. I'm sure there will be other suggestions so get a few and do some research.1
There are at least 3 ways to do it.
- Use serial to Ethernet box and access it remotely. Requires some network skills to redirect ports.
- Have PC on site with access to 1.5k, and access the PC remotely, e.g., by Teamviewer.
- Same as 2 but redirect port of 1.5k to Ethernet, e.g., using VSPE, and use VSPE locally to recover the port.
I tried 3 and it worked but VSPE was not fully reliable. Option 2 was reliable.
Not having the 1.5k but a 1Kfa and I have tried several solutions. I have found, as Erik, EI4KF suggests, that you take a look at microbits RC-1216H. I have found it to be the most reliabel solution. More info https://www.remoterig.com/wp/?page_id=1010
Gl, Johan, SE3X0
Leave a Comment
- 19.8K All Categories
- 176 Community Topics
- 2K New Ideas
- 363 The Flea Market
- 6.6K Software
- 5.6K SmartSDR for Windows
- 107 SmartSDR for Maestro and M models
- 268 SmartSDR for Mac
- 210 SmartSDR for iOS
- 200 SmartSDR CAT
- 136 DAX
- 329 SmartSDR API
- 8.1K Radios and Accessories
- 6.6K FLEX-6000 Signature Series
- 673 Maestro
- 35 FlexControl
- 803 FLEX Series (Legacy) Radios
- 547 Genius Products
- 312 Power Genius XL Amplifier
- 198 Tuner Genius XL
- 37 Antenna Genius
- 158 Shack Infrastructure
- 104 Networking
- 276 Remote Operation (SmartLink)
- 108 Contesting
- 417 Peripherals & Station Integration
- 103 Amateur Radio Interests
- 694 Third-Party Software