Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Installing 3.2.29 - No Issues

Congrats to FRS and the IT Team! Updated both my 6700 and 6600M Units via the computer / LAN Configuration. Downloaded the .39 Version, uninstalled the older version (DAX and CAT), Rebooted the computer. Unplugged both the 6700 and 6600M from the DC Power, Reconnected the DC Power to both Units. 1st Powered up the 6700 and then Launched "SCR". Followed the Screen Prompts and "Updated" the 6700. 6600M is connect to the Lan and Powered up the 6600M and selected "Run" then selected the .30 Title and Selected Update. Sat back and with "really" a 5 minutes or so, was'nt timing, the radio went through its programming paces and up she came without any issues. Great Job FRS! Note..... Be sure to Unpin the older DAX, CAT and SDR Icons from the Tool Bar before you Launch the SDR Update Program. Then once up and running re-pin the DAX, CAT and SDR back on the Tool Bar. Painless Update for sure at least in my configuration. Good Luck!

Comments

• WB9IXS
    WB9IXS Member ✭✭

WOW !!!

In about 30 minutes the radio, maestro and computer were all updated to 3.2.39 with no issues.

Later I will try to connect remotely I will post if I find any issues

Thanks to entire Flex team

Jim

WB9IXS

• Johan SE3X
    Johan SE3X Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2021

Just finished updateing my 6700 and Maestro B. Updating PC and the radio was like a walk in the park. Followed the Release notes and everything went smooth and fast. Maestro took about 2.5 hours. Otherwise than it took a bit of time it went smooth to.

Tnx all Flex personnel for your hard work this last month. Yes it took a bit of time, but you solved it!

Johan, SE3X, in finally the not so cold, but sunny north part of Sweden 😎

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

Thanks all

I passed on your comments to our engineering team.

• Richard
    Richard Member ✭✭

Mike,

Both you and Tim's YouTube "Fire Side Chats" really helped understand what was going on. Helped us old hams keep a cool head while diving into the Upgrade. I realize I had it easy but those with the Maestro's and other Remote Config's really were counting on a reasonably smooth update. Seems like FRS achieved that goal. Thank you again.

Richard - N4RWG

• Holger Hannemann
    Holger Hannemann Member ✭✭

FLEX6600M is stuck here with pink LED on after download nd running through the four installation steps. It doesn't allow to be switched off and still seems to do stuff in the back ground from time to time.

Display is only partly available showing some meters. It changes messages (power or name) from time to time but never shows a frequency, mode or spectrum or allows touch functions other than for the meters. Some times for a few seconds one can hear band noise from the receiver but it disappears again. It goes like this for almost one hour now.

SSDR (3.2.39) on pc (Win10) is installed but can't connect to the radio even so it sees the radio from time to time. We are still locally in the LAN.

Shall I disconnect the radio from power?

73 Holger

• Trucker
    Trucker Member ✭✭✭

6600M and SSDR on PC both updated just fine. It does seem as if latency has improved.

Good job.

James

WD5GWY

• Charlie, WA3UTC
    Charlie, WA3UTC Member ✭✭

No issues at all with the new version of SmartSDR. Congratulations Flex... Good work.

Charlie... WA3UTC

• Neil D Friedman N3DF
    Neil D Friedman N3DF Member ✭✭✭✭

Twelve minutes to install .39 on 6600M.

• Holger Hannemann
    Holger Hannemann Member ✭✭

I assume we talk about version 3.2.39 her and not 3.2.29

FLEX6600M is stuck here with a pink LED on after download and running through the four installation steps. It doesn't allow to be switched off and still seems to do stuff in the back ground from time to time.

Display is only partly available showing some meters. It changes messages (power or name) from time to time but never shows a frequency, mode or spectrum or allows touch functions other than for the meters. Some times for a few seconds one can hear band noise from the receiver but it disappears again. It goes like this for over one hour now.

SSDR (3.2.39) on pc (Win10) is installed but can't connect to the radio even so it sees the radio from time to time for a short moment. We are still locally in the LAN.

I'd stay the installation is hanging somewhere. Shall I disconnect the radio from power?

73 Holger

• ka9ees
    ka9ees Member ✭✭✭

Updated two rigs today. My 6400M to 3.2.39. No problem. A friends 6400 and Maestro B to 2.7.6. No trouble there either. I did have to babysit the Maestro.

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Hi Holger, I would submit a helpdesk ticket. Flex should be able to diagnose the problem fairly quickly.

• Keith - N8CEP
    Keith - N8CEP Member ✭✭
    Nope. No problems updating at all. 6400M
  • Mike VE3CKO
    Mike VE3CKO Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2021

I must say impressed with all the effort for this .NET upgrade fix. For Maestro A, it went smooth first time, I did have a direct LAN connection. Upgrade on 6700 also completed with no issues.

• Keith - N8CEP
    Keith - N8CEP Member ✭✭
    Thanks to all the Flex team! My 6400M is updated and running fine!
  • Bill N3HQB
    Bill N3HQB Member ✭✭

Painless upgrade from 3.1.12 to 3.2.39, Flex 6300 and Maestro A.

Nice recovery, Flex.

• Dave KC9EI
    Dave KC9EI Member ✭✭

Install went great. All my previous issues appear to be fine now. Great stuff FlexRadio!

• coveredup
    coveredup Member ✭✭

Attempting to upgrade my FLEX 6300 at SDSR 2.7.6 to V3.3.32.

Read in the the notes for 3.3.32 that I need to install 3.2.29 first to take care of some NET issues.

However, I don't seem to be able to find the Installer? for 3.2.29. I click on the 3.2.29 Install Text and seem to loopback to the beginning of the same page......

Tried several hot spots in the software section -- couldn't seem to find the actual 3.2.29 D/L

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

I believe that 2.7.6 is the V2 equivalent of 3.2.39. If you are concerned, upgrade to 2.8.0, then to 3.3.32.

• coveredup
    coveredup Member ✭✭

So, since I am on 2.7.6 the issue with NET should be resolved,,,, and 3.3.32 should be good to go.

• coveredup
    coveredup Member ✭✭

But you have a good point in that 2.7.8 seems to be stable level - and would

be a good place to install V3

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.