Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Would switching to a new ISP cause connection issues?

Chuck K0XM
Chuck K0XM Member ✭✭
edited September 2022 in Networking
One of our sites (there are 2) has switched a 6700 to Spectrum (was on a Local ISP before), and since then it can be run locally but I every time I connect via i-net the radio reboots. Anyone seen this?
And we are at 2.8.0 Smart SDR

Answers

• Neil D Friedman N3DF
    Neil D Friedman N3DF Member ✭✭✭✭

No issues in 4.5 years with Spectrum. They just upgraded my basic internet to 300 gb/s.

• Chuck K0XM
    Chuck K0XM Member ✭✭
    [{"insert":"Thats what we were thinking....thanks for the info....we will keep looking\n\n"}]
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Did you test in SmartLink setup by clicking the test button and ensure it comes back green? If not, you need to do manual port forwarding.

Dave wo2x

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Hi Chuck, I would suggest submitting a help desk ticket.

• Chuck K0XM
    Chuck K0XM Member ✭✭
    We found it.... the smartlink setup somehow got changed so we reset it...all is well now. Thanks everyone
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

for the future

If you change ISPs and they provide a new router, you may have to walk through the steps in Chapter 9 of the SmartSDR manual.

Glad you got it figured out.

• Chuck K0XM
    Chuck K0XM Member ✭✭
    Ok, so we HAD it working, but the throughput on the GL router plain ****, so switched to a Routerboard. We have them at all out tremote and other remote sites. Anyway now the internal smartlink setup fails on the local network. So needless to say we cannot connect remotely. We do have the port forwarding set, and it makes no difference. Here is a screen shot. Any ideas?
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Lee

what is your public IP? Take a look and see if your ISP is doing CG NATting. Meaning they use one public IP for many customers.

As there are more and more places getting on the Internet ISPs are running out of IPv4 addresses.

If you are double NATted you may be able to talk to the ISP to open the necessary ports for SmartLink on their end to your public facing IP.

Dave wo2x

• Chuck K0XM
    Chuck K0XM Member ✭✭
    We will check that out. The weir thing is I an run PSTRotator and the KPA500/KAT500 packages fine remotely. The local Smartlink setup fails. that is from a PC across the room from the 6700. Since they are going through the same outer and not outside the internal home network, I would not think CG ANT would come into play.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.