Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

PGXL utility and SmartSDR 1.12.1

The PGXL manual states that PTT via LAN does not work with SmartSDR v1. I can use an RCA cable to handle PTT but I'd like to know if all the other functions of the PGXL utility function with SmartSDR v1 - mainly the band switching.

73 de Mike W9OJ

Best Answer

• Mike W9OJ
    Mike W9OJ Member ✭✭
    edited August 2022 Answer ✓

Thanks for the information.

73 de Mike W9OJ

Answers

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

You likely won't have any PGXL visibility or SmartSDR or any automatic band information.

From the PGXL perspective, you need to set the amplifier up the same as you would do when connecting an OEM amp to the radio. There will be no software integration.

I would highly recommend you spend the $199 to upgrade the radio to V3 and doing so will make your integration seamless.

• Craig_KØCF
    Craig_KØCF Member ✭✭✭

I am wondering why you are so reluctant to upgrade the radio to v3... There have been many improvements in the functioning of the radio since version 1. It is well worth while, and it will gain you incredible integration with that amplifier. The upgrade process is smooth and painless, and the rewards are great.

73, Craig KØCF

• John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭

Well, the upgrade is not exactly painless. The install may go well, but there are numerous bugs introduced through the various updates, with no fixes in sight.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.