Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Ham Radio Deluxe (HRD) won't Connect to my FlexRadio-6300 anymore

Options

I've been running HRD with my 6300 forever, but recently, I think after an HRD update, I can no longer connect HDR to my radio. When I used to get the Error message that SMART SDR Failed to read frequency I would select Auto-detect on the COM Port drop-down and everything hooked up just fine. Now it goes through all the COM ports (COM1,3,5,6,7,8,9,105,106,107,108,109) and doesn't connect to anything. All but COM1 & 3 FlexRadio System FabulaTech Virtual Serial Ports.

Is there a help guide somewhere I can get to fix this?

I'm running:

Windows 10

SmartSDR v2.8.0

Ham Radio Deluxe 6.8.0.226

Answers

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Is SmartSDR CAT running? It needs to be.

Open a Help Desk ticket.

73 Dave wo2x

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

Please post a screen shot of SmartSDR CAT settings and your HRD settings.

Once we have that, we can give you a detailed answer.

• Johan SE3X
    Johan SE3X Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    Options

There has been a load of users having problem after updating to 6.8, me myself included. Went back to 6.7.0 and no more problem. Been all sorts of issues. Not sure it’s related to your connection problem. Just so you are aware of it.

GL, Johan, SE3X

• Johan SE3X
    Johan SE3X Member ✭✭✭
    Options

• TAC
    TAC Member ✭✭
    Options

@Mike-VA3MW Hi Mike, Please see attached.

• TAC
    TAC Member ✭✭
    Options

@Johan SE3X

Johan , To jump back to 6.7 is it a no-brainer, do I just DL the 6.7.0.391version from the HDR download page and install it?

Thanks,

-TAC

• TAC
    TAC Member ✭✭
    Options

@Johan SE3X

I did backup to HDR 6.7.0.391 and I still can't connect. :-(

• Johan SE3X
    Johan SE3X Member ✭✭✭
    Options

@TAC Sri to hear it didn't help. I hope you get it sorted out. I been using HRD since 2012 and love it. Tried a bunch of others during the years, always coming back to it.

Gl, 73, Johan

• TAC
    TAC Member ✭✭
    Options

@David Decoons, wo2x This is what I was looking for! But after deleting all my virtual ports it didn't work. I ended up adding another port (see below, COM4) to SmartSDR and told HRD to connect to that and now I'm back in business! :-) See pictures below. Now have to do something to delete the COM3.

Thanks to all for the help!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.