Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

DXCommander, Spotcollector and SmartSDR, I'm not seeing spots before my eyes

I am running DXComander 15.4.4, SpotCollector 3.4.2 and the latest SmartSDR . Commander sees my A & B slices and changes frequencies correctly. On the Bandspread tab of Commander "Display call on panadator" is checked.

In SpotCollector, I am seeing spots and can click on a spot and the Flex will change to that frequency.

On the Flex, spots are enabled and I know they can be displayed because if I use SliceMaster they appear.

I am not seeing spots from SpotCollector on the panadapter, however. What have I missed?

I appreciate any help. Thanks.

Bob WK2Y

Best Answer

• Craig_KØCF
    Craig_KØCF Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

SpotCollector 3.4.2??? Are you sure? The current version is 9.2.1. Are spots enabled on the SmartSDR menu? It works just fine for me.

73, Craig KØCF

Answers

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
  • WK2Y
    WK2Y Member ✭✭

Thanks Mike,

Per the link, I've been through the settings two or three times now, but still no luck. Odd.

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭

I could never get sending Spots with SpotCollector 3.4.2 to SmartSDR to work either.

I have tried several times as well

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022

Craig,

What I get for using copy and paist, Yes I am running 9.2.1 as well and I have the SmartSDR checked.

What other programs are you running while it's working out of the DXLAB suite besides SpotCollector?

• WK2Y
    WK2Y Member ✭✭

Well, I'm not running 9.2.1!! Don't ask me how I wound up with 3.4.2 but I'm going to go out and look for the latest right now. Thanks!!

• WK2Y
    WK2Y Member ✭✭

Thank you Craig! Yes indeed, everything works as expected when you get the latest version. I didn't realize how the DXLab Launcher worked and just assumed that it had installed the latest version. I had to click config and check for an update.

Looks like a very handy program. I do wish that there was better support for Flex slices. I'm going to have to rearrange things. Maybe Flex should pay some of these guys to support SmartSDR more completely.

Thanks again.

Bob WK2Y

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.