Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

How to upgrade a 6300 from 1.12

tc423239
tc423239 Member
edited August 2022 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
how do I upgrade from 1.12 to latest on 6300

Best Answers

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Answer ✓

Terry,

It would be best if you open a support ticket just to see if you need to do it in stages.

https://helpdesk.flexradio.com

Mike

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Answer ✓

Here you go <-- click here

Answers

• tc423239
    tc423239 Member
    Just wish I could get a simple answer
  • Geoff AB6BT
    Geoff AB6BT Member ✭✭✭

Sorry...I can't resist...Mike's suggestion seems pretty simple to me.

Just reading the mail here.

• tc423239
    tc423239 Member
    It just seems like every page I go to refers me some place else
  • WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022

If you move to version 2 or 3 you will have to pay for the version upgrade UNLESS your radio qualifies for the version upgrade by a prevous purchase but ONLY support can run the radio serial number and see if it can go to a differant version without cost.

You should contact support just to make sure you can jump to the latest Versions here: https://helpdesk.flexradio.com/hc/en-us/

they are prety promp most of the time

• Version 1.12.1 is the newest version of Smartsdr version 1.

So are you wanting to move up to version 2 or 3?

If so you will need to contact Flex to see what your 6300 is capable of handling. Once that is determined you will have to pay for the upgrade.

If you are ok with version 1 then don't do anything because you're already there.

• tc423239
    tc423239 Member
    Got it done, thanks for all the help
  • Geoff AB6BT
    Geoff AB6BT Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2022

This is not directed to tc423239 only, it's only a suggestion that I think would close the loop for everyone...

I find that usually when someone finds a solution to a problem they state that the issue is resolved without detailing what was done.

In all situations I believe it would be helpful to others if the details, and steps necessary, to fix the problem were related as well.

That way if someone has the same problem they can have some idea where to look for a solution.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.