Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Steps to downgrade a replacement SD card to V2.4.10

Options

Steps to downgrade a replacement SD card to V2.4.10

I recently ordered a backup SD card for my 6700. I'm running V2.4.10 and the replacement cards only come with either V2.8.x or V3.x.  I opened a help desk ticket to get the steps needed to install the card and downgrade it to V2.4.10.  Per the help desk the procedure is the same with either card.  ( BTW I'm sticking with V2.4.10 since it works well for me, no bugs that affect my operation and it does not do the profile autosave).  I don't plan to do the card replacement unless I have an issue but just don't want to get caught if I have a problem during one of the upcoming DXpeditions.  

I documented the steps based on the help desk feedback to be ready to go if / when a problem arises. There are 2 files attached:

1 - this .doc file lists the steps to do the downgrade

2 - this .pdf file documents the mechanical steps to remove and replace the SD card 

Hope this may be useful to anyone else that would like to have a backup SD Card but also wants to stay on V2.4.10.  Thanks to Tim on the help desk for the info.

Regards, Al / NN4ZZ  

al (at) nn4zz (dot) com

6700 Win10 Pro V2004 -- SSDR V2.4.10

Tagged:

Comments

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

The only suggestion I would make would be to not re-import your profiles as they are not really designed to be backward compatible.

You will have to do some testing to be sure that they are doing what you want them to do. If you see some strangeness, you may have to reset and rebuild them manually on 2.4.10.

• Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the feedback on the profiles.

My intent is to save the profiles that I currently use with V2.4.10. Actually I already have them saved but just to make sure, make a new copy.

Then install the V3.x Sd card and downgrade it back to V2.4.10.

Next check to see if the profiles are still active. If not, reload those saved V2.4.10 profiles. But as you noted, I’ll check first to see it reloading is needed and finally just manually rebuild them if that doesn’t work.

My assumption is that since the software version is the same before changing the SD card and after downgrading the new SD card (i.e. V2.4.10) that the saved profiles would work, but we’ll see.

Thanks, Al / NN4ZZ

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

I checked internally and the profiles are not backward compatible as there have been schema changes between versions.

It was also confirmed that we have never done any Q/A testing to move back to 2.4.10 and their recommendation was to rebuild your profiles from scratch to be 100% sure.

There are no error messages generated during the profile importation process, so it is really hard to tell if there is an conflict or unknown setting.

Yes, if you are restoring a 2.4.10 profile, you are good to go.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.